Chapter 30 - I Screwed Up

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"SHUT UP, KID!"

"I'M TOO FUCKING HAPPY TO CARE RIGHT NOW! THE WORLD CAN CRASH, AND I WOULD NOT CARE RIGHT NOW! FIGHT ME, BITCH!"

The guy that just told me to shut up gives me a weird look and walks off. Welp, alright then. I'm glad I'm Monika and not Izuku! That phrase would have gotten me into some colossal shit. Oh, and hi! Welcome to the one time I'm happy in this poor ass excuse of a world! Why?

Shouta and Hizashi kissed!

It took all my energy not to start screaming right there because I would get myself kicked out and called out all in one go. I walked out with Nemuri following behind me. Once we were far enough, I screamed in the middle of the road while disrupting the entire world, apparently.

"WE FINALLY DID IT!" We high-five.

"I know! I'm surprised that they kissed right there! Though with what you did, I'm not surprised." Nemuri tells me, and I slow down, looking at her, confused.

"I was only playing instruments, Nemmy."

"For most of the songs, yes. However, for that last song, there was more to it. It gave me a tingly feeling in my chest like something comforting." Wait, what?

"Literally speaking or like a type of speech?"

"Literally. It felt like you did with your speech with Stain, but comforting instead of menacing." I stop. Wait, so I can adjust the emotions of my surroundings in more ways than one? "Izuku, how special is that song to you?"

"It's personal." Not something I would admit to usually, but I need information.

"I can tell. It's only that song that it happened." Oh, I get it. So if I'm emotional or passionate enough, it works. I'm not sure how I feel about that. That's why everybody was entranced by that song! Wait...

"Do you think it influenced the kiss?" Please no. Please tell me I didn't fuck this up.

"Probably. Zuku, what's wrong?" FUCKING DAMN IT! Gripping at my hair, I speed up. Nemuri has to lightly jog to keep up with me.

"That's fucking unfair to them! I shouldn't have had any influence at all!" I'm pissed off with myself.

"You didn't ruin anything. The only thing you did was speed it up by bringing forth feelings."

"I should not have been involved in that! It's their relationship! Having an outside source breaks the real meaning of it!" We arrive at the house, and I slam the door open. The headset I'm wearing under the wig is telling me that I'm becoming unstable or some shit. I don't care.

"Izuku, you're freaking out. Come on, calm down." I ignore Nemuri, locked myself in my room, and crash on the bed. Sure, I may be over-dramatizing it. However, that is still unfair to them. That is basically a fucking quirk that was used on them to confess to each other. I could give a fuck about everyone else in there. I'm worried about Shouta and Hizashi. Yes, quirk-use is all over the place. You can't avoid it. However, the one thing it should never be involved in is relationships, and it is. It pisses me off," Sweetheart, please open the door!"

I hear her panicked voice, but I remain quiet. Eventually, she sighs and walks away. I stay in bed the whole time in dread.

---

About an hour after Nemuri and I get home, assuming she is still here, I can hear Hizashi's extra excited, loud voice from here.

Too bad, I'm about to ruin that!