Chapter 111 - Update on Izuku Search

Shouta POV

It has been two weeks since I have woken up. It has been nearly three since Izuku was kidnapped.

...it's been hard.

There were moments in the past where I wanted a vacation from Izuku. I just wanted a break from the damn brat. However, this isn't what I wanted. I rather deal with him constantly just so I know that he is safe than go through this. I miss him. I miss waking up every morning hearing him scream a song he heard on the radio. I miss the fights we would get into over the most ridiculous things. I miss his smile whenever he would be showing something he made, no matter how stupid it may be.

I miss Izuku.

Everything has been hard since I woke up. As soon as I was able to leave the hospital (after being forced to get glasses), I went to the Hero Commission to tell them everything I knew about the hospital raid.

Then, I had to go to UA to talk to my students. While I was in a coma, they lost a classmate and another has gone missing. They're grieving, and I felt the weight as soon as I entered the dorms. It was hard having to talk to them. There were plenty of tears. I've been trying my best to be there for them, but that is not my strong suit. They are slowly getting better. However, they are far from being where they were. I don't know if they will ever return to the way they were.

My free time has been spent either resting, dealing with the kids, or offering information about Izuku when asked.

Today is different. There has been an update on the Izuku case, and Hizashi and I have been called in to join the discussion. I hope they found him, but I don't know if that's logical. If Izuku is involved, everything is harder.

Hizashi and I enter the HC building, and the lobby doesn't have many people besides for the lady at the front desk.

Hizashi takes the lead and approaches the receptionist, "Hey, we're here for a meeting with the HC president." The lady looks up at us, and it takes her a moment to recognize us.

She smiles, "Of course! You'll be going to floor 42. Once you reach the floor, the room you need to go to is directly across from the elevator."

"Thank you," Hizashi tells her as he goes to the elevator with me following. Once we step on, it takes a couple of minutes to reach where we need to be. We step off, and the receptionist was not kidding about the door across from the elevator. One glance each way shows that this is the only door in this hallway. The rest of just entryways.

Hizashi steps forward and puts his hand on the doorknob, but he looks back at me first, "Are you ready?"

"Not like we get a choice," I mumble as I nod for him to open the door.

With a huff and an eyeroll, Hizashi opens the door and enters. I follow behind him to find a a long table with a few people sitting at it. Detective Tsukauchi and Gran Torino would be sitting on the left side at the far end, and Sir Nighteye and, surprisingly, Powerloader would be on the right. There would be general greets as we make our place besides Powerloader.

Gran Torino waves, "You're early."

"Better late than never," Hizashi says as he sits down, "Do you guys know the specifics for why we are here?" Most of them shake their heads except for Powerloader.

"Roughly," Powerloader states. So he has something to do with it.

"Glad to know that we are mostly equal in the dark."

Gran Torino grumbles, "Yeah, cause we have found nothing over here. We have been focusing on finding All for One."

"He is the reason why Izuku is gone in the first place," Tsukauchi says in agreement.