Chapter 116 - Illegal Information Gaining

So y'all know how I said that I was desperate for money?

Well, it has evolved into taking jobs from practical strangers that were already suspicious to me!

Okay, so maybe it would help to explain what I mean.

Remember the three heroes I was suspicious about? Well, I encountered them off camera (since that decided to disappear for some reason). I questioned them fiercely, and they pretty much gave me all the answers I needed to be less suspicious about them technically. Then, one of them said that they had a job offer from his boss and called him up.

Next thing you know, I am walking to UA, the number one hero highschool in Japan with these people. It's probably far from my smartest idea, but y'all need to hear me out.

I know these people, and it's not because they introduced themselves to me. I know them know them. Like, I don't know them, but I did know them.

Please don't send me to a psych ward. Let me explain!

We all know that my quirk is pretty good at identifying heroes. However, it's usually the hero name, quirk, and their weaknesses. This doesn't include their actual names, but it was showing me their actual names. Then, they told me their names and it was correct!

If you don't think that's enough, I can tell that they recognize me. They're acting like they're on a script? No no no, that's not it. No matter, they are off character. I don't know how. I just know they are.

In particular, Yamada, otherwise known as Present Mic. He's the long blond hippy of the group. He's avoiding eye contact with me, yet he keeps a close eye on me. Sure, all of them are doing this, but he certainly sounds out the moment. I wonder how I fucked that up. However, he is the one to bring up the job, so maybe it isn't completely fucked.

Something must have happened though because he looks depressed compared to the pictures I found of him. And yes, I googled all of them

We have Kayama who is known as Midnight. I don't know how she's legal because she literally wears a dominatrix outfit. Then, we have Aizawa, also known as Eraserhead. He's underground. He also seems to be keeping a close eye on me.

That was off topic.

To summarize, these people know me, and they are not telling me. Like, I am forgetful, not stupid. It makes me wonder if maybe I was the one they were looking for. I know that's a stretch and egotistical, but all I see is evidence going towards that idea.

Whatever. I deny y'all care for my conspiracy theories anyway. Y'all want the cold hard facts, so let's focus on the story, shall we?

UA happens to be far away from The Hotel. We had to walk on a train station, ride on a train for an hour, and now we are walking to the school itself. I can officially say that I am ready for a nap. Actually, it's past naptime. However, it's not like I can be like 'yo, i need sleep, let me sleep'. That's rude. Even if I did, where am I supposed to sleep? I deny they're going to let me sleep on the side of the road, and, if they do suggest an idea, it will probably be embarrassing on my end.

It certainly doesn't help that Aizawa keeps asking if I am okay because I am probably huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf with a mask on. I am not, but I am not going to tell you that because I don't know anything about you. You're also giving me bad vibes cause you're not telling me that you know me. I know the guy cares, but why?

So many questions yet so few answers. Damn world.

"Hey, this is it, Mikumo," Kayama interrupts my thoughts. I look up at what she is talking about and...uh, what?

"Excuse me, that's an office building," I clarify despite my lack of air, and I am not kidding. That building looks like a flipping office building. Hell, it even has a huge-ass gate in front of it! You can't tell me that it is a school!