Chapter 77 - First Step

Warning: Disassociation. Nothing over the top like last time, but once in a while.

---

Waking up is never fun. It provides you with that realization of, 'fuck, you're still alive.' It's like God teases everyone with death every time they sleep. I may be a rude person, but I am an angel compared to God with those actions.

So that's the thought process I'm starting my waking hour with. I'm not surprised, and I believe I'n perfectly allowed to have such process.

Move out of the way, Tokoyami, for I am taking your spot!

Returning to the real world, I physically don't feel great. I wouldn't say terrible. I would be in hospital if that was the case. I just feel drained and heavy. Enough to make a difference but not enough that goes beyond a bad day. I will still do shit without considering canceling, but definitely without the usual vigor.

Emotionally, however, is a different story. I feel calmer than usual. The fidgeting is still there, mind you, but I don't feel like I need to jump out of bed and get to work. I can wait a little bit than do that.

I decide that I don't want to stay in bed anymore and attempt to sit up when I feel myself being held down. My first reaction is to scream and slap a bitch, but I swallow that in exchange of opening my eyes to find more black. Shifting my head up, I find myself curled up against Shouta's chest while his arms are wrapped around me.

Oh yeah, that happened. All that happened. The League of Villains, the case discussion, that argument. That's a large mess I still have to clean up.

I shift slightly when I feel movement to notice Nemuri is behind me taking up all the sheets. Meanwhile, if I lift my head to peak over Shouta, Hizashi to behind him.

We had a fucking slumber party, and I passed out. How regrettable. I want a refund!

I'll focus on that later. Right now, I want out of bed.

Carefully, I start to untangle Shouta's arms from me. It would be so much easier if I also had two, but considering one went to the devil, I work with what I got.

"Kid?" Shouta mumbles softly, clearly not awake. Of course, he woke up.

I huff, not wanting to say anything to wake the others up. Instead, I tug at his arm to signal what I wanted, and he got the message and let me up. I sit up before he has a chance to withdraw his decision.

Now that I am partially up, that's when I realize the pain in my invisible arm and legs. The legs aren't bad, but mister nubby? He isn't happy. He never is, but this is the worst yet.

But wearing a metal arm for 3 days without taking it off is bound to do that!

Shouta interrupts my internal monologue, whispering in attempts not to wake the rest of the squad, "How are you?"

"I'm okay. You can stop your worrying now."

Shouta sighs, "I'm always going to worry about you, Izuku. That's part of the relationship. You're aware of that." Considering the times I worry about Shouta and always prioritize him over myself?

I mumble, "Yeah. You also know how my head works."

"I'm aware. You have more people that worry about you than you can imagine, kid."

"It's new. You can't exactly blame me. Before UA, practically everyone hated me except you and Mom. Now..." I don't add onto that since it's not needed.

Shouta reaches for my hand, grasps it, and squeezes it, "I hope you understand one day."

"Since when did you become a sap?" Is that the wrong thing to say in a serious conversation? Absolutely.