Chapter 89 - New Ride

"You know, as much as I want to vibe with driving the car into the lake, I really don't want to make my situation worse. Therefore, we're just going to leave it here."

"So we can steal a car but not drown it?"

"Homie, they can replace the windows. An entire car? I think the lady having to cover my ass would just let me go to jail at that point."

"Fair enough, I suppose."

My underling brought us to a lake that's a decent ways from the city to drown a cop car. There is a forest across the road from it that we can trek through to hide from the mother fuckers, so this isn't a bad at all. It's just the whole drowning thing.

I'm suspicious enough. I don't need to be playing into that.

"Which dumbass is on the phone?" I ask. Yes, I'm still on the fucking phone with them.

"I am!" Hizashi's voice floods through, "What's up, kiddo?"

"We parked the car at the lake, and we are going to go chill in the forest until you guys pick us up. How's it going over there?" I explain as I nod my head towards the forest to the boy and lead the way.

"We just got to the hotel. The plan is to grab everything, rent out a car, and then pick you two up."

"Okay, that sounds good except how are you going to rent a car? Don't you need your driver's license or, quiet frankly, anything that does not indicate that you are a current criminal?"

"Nezu."

"Alright, I'll shut up."

Hizashi chuckles over the phone, "Well, you two should be safe, so I'll leave you two be for now! Just make sure to call me in case anything goes wrong, got it?"

"Can do, Zashi. You guys stay safe two or I'm sending y'all to jail."

"Izu-!"

I hang up on him and shrug. He can't rebel if he doesn't have the chance to rebel in the first place!

I look around to find that we have made little ways in the forest. That's probably a good thing because I get lost too easily, and I think this boy will drown me if I ask him to guide me back.

"A little ways more. We need to be able to see if they come in while not being seen ourselves," I call to my underling behind me.

He groans, and I can hear his bird tweeting with him, "Why should I even stick with you at this point?"

I determine we are deep enough and turn to face him, "Because you and your family could possibly be chased after for whatever is in that case. Simply put, you're not safe."

"I'm not safe with you either though?" A logical statement.

"I mean, you're not wrong. However, my peers and I are heroes so it's not like we don't have experience with this. We can provide some good ol' protection!"

"Hold up. If you guys are heroes, why are you people so suspicious?"

I shrug, "Because I became wanted."

"Dude, you're not making yourself look any better." I raise my hands to try and placate him.

"Okay, it's probably better if I explain, so listen up. My homies and I are heroes in Japan. However, I became wanted since Humarise equals quirkless equals me, which is false by the way. The dumbasses weren't willing to let me go off by myself so they followed me and became wanted as well. Then, we came here to fuck up Humarise, and that's the part of the plan we're on now with a sidequest!"