Chapter 16 - UA Sports Festival Part 3

So Shouta and I had lunch together. When I mean lunch, I mean, I got us lunch, hid in a corner to eat, and I had to drag Shouta back to the stupid sound booth because he decided to go to sleep.

It doesn't help that he's taller than me by like half afoot.

Anyway, onto something important: We have some fighting to do! The rounds have already been given out, and I get to start this whole sha-bang against Shinso, also known as Shouta's secret love child! Anyway, I have no idea what his quirk is, so I can presume it's not a physical quirk, more mental. However, that isn't the exciting part.

The exciting part is tail-boy Ojiro, and some kid from class 1-B decided to drop out because they believe they didn't get in on their merit. Later, I was told by Ojiro not to talk to Shinso because he does some mind control, and he mind-controlled his whole team the second round. Thinking about it, it's fucking genius! You limit arguments, and with one person controlling the entire boat. You probably have the most effective team next to if someone decided only to have a two-person team. It's an unpopular opinion, especially when I am the unstable one, but that's my opinion. Actually, let me rewind the whole conversation with him.

---

Conversation Between Ojiro and I

This is right before the match, and I'm in the locker room when Ojiro enters.

"Can I talk to you about your match?" Well, I needed the information.

"Sure, know something on him?" I ask.

"Yeah, his quirk. He has some mind-control quirk, and he used it on us the whole time. He gets control if you talk to him, so be careful. He used it for villainy." Oh, God. That is precisely the kind of shit that pisses me off.

"And?"

"He used it an evil way! How are you not seeing this?"

"I can tell you that if anything, he had the most effective quirk on the field."

"Huh?" This throws tail-boy off tremendously.

"Think about it. If one person controls a whole team, this saves a whole lot of time. Not only would you not have to ask people where to go, but it also prevents arguments that could slow you down. If he had people like Todoroki's team did, he honestly would have the best team on the field. Even now, it's arguable. Speaking of, I believe you shouldn't have withdrawn. You got in on your own merit. You just didn't get to think the second round. If anything, I believe you disrespected Shinso's quirk and him as well for doing so. Harsh, but my opinion."

"So that's the view of a quirkless person, huh?"

"Someone can see it with a quirk, you dingus. I gotta go. Got a Sports Festival to win." I get up and walk out.

---

Welp, I'm on the field now with CAT and Shinso across from me, and I'm excited, bouncing around like a Goddamn dog. My competitor looks at me strangely.

"Are you okay?" I nod with a huge smile.

"Yep! I hope you brainwash me! I want to know what it's like!" That throws him in a one-eighty. I seriously do want to be brainwashed. Competition be damned. I will figure a way out. Welp, while he recovers, Hizashi starts his introductions.

"TODAY, WE HAVE A BOY WHO LOOKS LIKE A BUSH WHO HAS BLOWN THE COMPETITION OUT OF THE WATER WITH A ROBOT CAT AND SINGING ABILITIES, WE HAVE IZUKU MIDORIYA! ON THE OTHER SIDE...WELL, HE'S NOT DONE ANYTHING WORTHY YET, BUT HE GOT THIS FAR SOMEHOW, IT'S SHINSO HITOSHI!"