Chapter 97 - Promotion?

The world is okay for now. I have McDonalds.

They dumbasses really thought they were going to bring me to the HC and expect me to eat lunch there. I'm not going to lie and say that their food is bad. It's great actually. However, I was craving unhealthy trash from McDonalds. I consider it kind of like my emotional food, and I deserve it right now. Thankfully, the only person who really argued on it was Gran Torino, and that's because he wanted KFC.

We just went and got KFC too. I like KFC. I just prefer McDonald's right now. To make things even better, I didn't have to pay for it! Sir did. I didn't even get the chance the offer to pay! He's just like 'i'll pay' and hands Tsukauchi the money. I wasn't going to argue it though. I just said thank you and moved on with my day.

Though, eventually, we arrive at my embodiment of hell: AKA, the HC building.

We get out of the car and head inside. While I go ahead to the elevator to scare anybody off, the rest of them go to throw their food away before seeing the HC president. That doesn't take too long. Within a minute, we are riding up to our floor.

"Izuku, what the hell are you doing with those fries?" Gran Torino questions when he notices them in my hand still. To be honest, I sort of forget about them, especially when I have my case in the same hand. However, there's still some in there, so I prefer not to throw them away.

"Oh, I was going to give them to the president as a little gift," I casually announce. It's unfair not to bring something to her anyway.

"This is why she doesn't pay you."

"She doesn't pay me because I'm quirkless and she's cheap. Don't be twisting the word around, Rocket Man."

Sir interrupts, "Both of you, the elevator."

As Sir says that, the elevator door opens to the familiar meeting room that so much of my trauma is buried in. At the end of the meeting table, the HC president sits with her folder of paperwork in front of her.

Since these motherfuckers have respect unlike me, I step forward and go right to her side, "Hi, it's been a while. Last time we talked, I was on the run from the entire world, ya know? So I brought ya a present! Enjoy!" I proceed to place the half-eaten probably cold french fries next to her file and go sit down. I can see the rest of the investigation squad's shocked faces, but they don't say anything. They just sit down in their places.

The HC president sighs, "I see you are in high spirits."

"Honestly, I have had a very emotional past 6 hours or so. I'm just happy now because I got McDonalds, and I didn't have to pay for it." She just rolls her eyes at me.

"Let's start this meeting. You guys went to Tartarus this morning to speak with Kurogiri, correct?"

Tsukauchi nods, "Yes, ma'am. We received the DNA results this morning and found Kurogiri's base to be Oboro Shirakumo, a hero student from UA that died 15 years ago. We brought in two heroes that went to school with him, and they were able to bring him out for a moment, but he shut down soon after. He said his friend's name and 'hospital' before that."

"I am assuming that when he says hospital, he means the hospital that Izuku asked us to watch over?"

"That's what we are assuming. We believe that if we bring Shirakumo's memories back, we will have highly valuable information."

"Yes, and if what you said is right, then it is possible to some extent. Please try to find a way to bring back his memories."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Did anything else happen there?"

Sir raises his hand, "Izuku went to speak to All for One. I was there watching." I forgot that happened.