Chapter 84 - Dat Some Shit

Warnings: Panic Attack, Suicidal Jokes (more extreme than usual)

- - -

We get back to Endeavor's agency in one piece! A fucking miracle with how my life is going, but I digress.

Endeavor immediately went to his office, leaving us three musketeers behind with his sidekicks, who are telling Bakugo and I that we will be with sidekicks while Endeavor works with Shoto (though Shoto seems salty about that). More specifically, he left us with Burnin, who is practically a more tamer version of me.

I assume getting a quirk has something to do with that, but I won't be so petty. I like her, so there is no need for that nonsense.

Instead, I need to sneak away to Endeavor. I am willing to bet the lack of money in my pocket that he is going to go through that book right now, and I want to be right there. Therefore, I have to sneak away.

For someone like me, you would expect that to be hard. However, if you can clear your thoughts, hold your breathe, and go away without being seen, it makes your life easier.

Which is exactly what I do. Burnin is facing away from us as she explains the agency , so I tell Todoroki that I am going to the bathroom and slip out before anyone else can notice.

With that out of the way, the hard part has supposedly started: finding Endeavor's office.

I am a genius because I actually watched where Endeavor went instead of exchanging numbers with Burnin.

Sorry Burnin. I will get to you in a moment.

I don't bother to knock as I enter through this unnecessarily large ass door. Endeavor looks up from the book, anger instantly decorating his face like the blood of his victims when he sees me.

Endeavor yells, "What are you doing here?!" Thankfully, I close the door before his voice escapes the room.

Now I can supposedly murder him!...except that's not my goal.

Yet.

"Hawks left a message in that book, and I want to see what it is," I explain with a serious face.

Endeavor settles slightly, watching me, "Do you know what it is about?"

"To some extent. I know what it's about at least."

"And why should I allow you to read it?"

"I'm on the same team as Hawks. He's the one getting information, and I am the one to receive, decipher, and bring it back to the rest of the crew."

Endeavor sighs, "Fine. If this turns out to be a lie, I will burn you to a crisp."

"Wouldn't be the first time!" I approach his desk to stand in front of him, "Have you figured it out?"

"I was about to until you walked in. How did you even escape Burnin?"

"Talent, but that's not important. I'll let you finish since I don't want to interfere and waste more time. Just tell me the message when you finished."

Endeavor doesn't respond. He gets straight to work, and I stand there awkwardly for my answer.

Shockingly, Endeavor figures it out pretty fast, "The enemy is the liberation army. They number over a hundred thousand. In four months to action. In case of failure, more manpower."

I clench my jaw. We knew the first two statements, though it's probably there to let Endeavor in on this business.

That last statement, however, is different. I don't know how to feel about it since there is so much to feel about it.