Chapter 15 - UA Sports Festival Part 2

"The first 42 that have beaten the course will be allowed to participate in the second round! For anybody who didn't make it, you will get your chance in the mini-games! Everyone, please leave the field for now unless you're the first 42!" Midnight asks. A vast majority leaves the field. This leaves mostly the hero course with some others, "Alright, time for the next round!" Nemuri spins the wheel, it landing on another picture that I don't understand," The cavalry battle! In teams up to two to four, you will have one member, the rider, on the back of the rest of the members with the headbands with points. The goal is to keep those points while stealing other teams points! Points are based on the place each player came in. The 42nd place gets 5 points, 41st place gets 10 points, you should get the idea! But here is the plot twist!" Somehow the whole room darkens, the spotlights on me, " The first place is worth 10 million points!"

. . .

This is karma, huh?

For being an asshole to the other contestants, you get the most points.

Damn.

I grin psychotically at the camera. I got this.

"You have ten minutes to set up your teams and go!" Nemuri finishes. Immediately, I feel a tug on my right shoulder. I look to find Hatsume.

"You know how to catch their attention with your inventions! Let me join your team!" She exclaims.

"Depends, what the hell did you bring?"

"Let's see! I've got hover boots, the suit we built, the jet pack, and that gun we built!"

"Perfect, darling! We can work with that!" We got this. Uraraka runs over to us.

"Izuku, can I join ya'll?"

"Yep, you actually could work well here. We're flying out of this bitch. Think you could make us along with another member light?"

"Yeah!"

"Then, you apply! No interview or nothing. Too bad you're only going to get paid with a pass-through, but oh well! Right now, we are fucking nailing the mobility. We need someone to attack. Wait, I have an idea." I run over to Iida, " Iida, my man, want to work together?"

"I'm sorry, but no. You have already proven to be strong. I can't rely on your for strength." Welp, I tried.

"Alright then! Next idea!" I walk off. I wanted to go all-in on mobility, but that went out of the window. If we had Iida, we could have just run off like pussies and not deal with anyone.

BUT NO, IIDA HAD TO BE FUCKING PETTY! HE DOESN'T EVEN RELY ON ME THAT MUCH! HOT DAMN!

Alright, deep breathes Izuku. I look around, noticing somebody perfect for my team — an antisocial emo bird by the name of Tokoyami. I run over.

"Heya darling, I would like another person to fill my heart, and you seem to be the perfect fit. Would you like to join us?" It takes a moment for Tokoyami to respond.

"Your light blinds me, but I am willing to join you."

"I don't know if that is an insult or a compliment, but alright!" I believe it's an insult. Oh well, he is on my team anyway!

---

The time is up, and the teams are set up! My unit features four of us called Team Badass! Too bad it was not approved, so it's boring Team Midoriya. Anyway, you have the front horse of Tokoyami and Dark Shadow! Dark Shadow is the perfect attacker for my team because that shadow is well-rounded as hell! The only problem is it's weak to fire. That leads to a significant problem of Bakugo with his explosions, but I'm hoping someone will piss him off early and distract him. Anywho, the people beside me are two lovely ladies having to deal with my fat ass! On the left is Uraraka to lighten things up literally while Hatsume on the right is going to make us ditch this joint. Then, you have the main ring leader; that is me! Next to us is CAT, but they're rather useless here. I will be using my nunchucks this time around.