Chapter 118 - Early Start to an End

Warning: Getting sick and blood. If you have read to this point, you'll probably be okay though.

---

"I know where he is, but I want in."

To say that the mood shifted drastically would be an understatement of the year. It went from a complicated conversation to what feels like a war.

There would hardly be a consideration when Aizawa snaps, "No. You're done. You're not getting involved anymore than you are."

Of course, the intensity isn't going to stop me from clapping back.

"Uh, sir? I'm way deeper in this than you are. You really can't say shit."

"Izu- Mikumo-" Aizawa starts again, but I don't want to hear it. I cut him off.

"I'm already on my death row. If my life brings him down, I'll die happy."

"Mikumo!" Aizawa sounds pissed.

Then, Yamada intervenes, "You can get that life back! We have a way of getting rid of that quirk so you can live a normal life again!"

I turn to Yamada, "How?" He sighs.

"A while ago, you stole a quirk factor destroyer from a yakuza. If we use that to get rid of your quirk, you will have your life back. But, Mikumo, you can't do this."

"Uh-huh," I start with, "You're lying or partially lying." Which may be bold to say, but I am starting to pick up on everyone's mannerisms now. Not too hard if you pay attention.

Aizawa sharply interrupts us, "No, he is not-" I don't hesitate to cut him off again.

"Partially lying. I don't deny that it doesn't exist because of course it fucking does. Sounds like some yakuza shit to me. You're lying about getting rid of my quirk. If it was possible, it would have already been done unless something was in the way."

"We can make it happen somehow," Yamada nods quickly in agreement.

Kayama adds, "It wouldn't be the first time we broke the law for you."

As appealing as that may be, there are flaws to that plan. One, we have to actually get it. Two, once we get it, we are on the run. If I am on the run, then, three, I can't go back to the Motel. I'm also dragging other people into my drama, but I am not sure if that is four or not.

Either way, those aren't even the most significant flaw to the plan.

I stand up, "I do enjoy the kind gesture idea, but I'm going to have to pass. We need this quirk to find him, especially if he decides to move. I prefer revenge."

That's when Aizawa moves in front of me, "This is your life that you're talking about." I don't back down, instead standing as tall as possible...which doesn't mean much when Aizawa is tall AF compared to me, but I digress.

"Yes. This is my life, not yours, but you know what? You're not the one growing weaker every day or throwing up anytime you need to eat or replace the tank or on a time limit. You know who is? Me! I'm going through all that bullshit and more, and I am tired of it. If I take out the man who did this to me, I'll be happy with that as my dying wish because everyone would be safe with that piece of shit out."

Aizawa goes to say something, but he cuts himself off and steps back. Nobody says a thing. That's kind of awkward. I wonder why Aizawa stopped because he has been going at it ever since I brought it up.

I sigh, "If you want to help, please help whoever comes to the shelter. They and their families come for help, and I won't be here forever. I want them to have as much support as possible."