Chapter 110 - Impulsive Buy

I may or may not have woken up and chosen violence.

On my behalf, it's not like I have anything else to do! All I usually do is walk around, survive, and do something stupid. I need drama in my life! I need the tea! Even if this technically falls in the stupid category, we are choosing to ignore that!

So what is going on?

I am standing in front of a shelter. More specifically, one of the shelters in my town that denied the woman I helped last night. I may be cocky with this idea, but the worst they can do is arrest me. If that happens, it's not like I would survive long in jail anyway. Therefore, there are practically no consequences for my actions here!

I am half-tempted to just stand here because the guards at the front gate look deeply concerned at my presence. I would if I didn't have something to do here except I do so that is not what I am going to do today. Maybe for the next shelter I'll do that. It depends how pissed off this one leaves me.

I approach the entry way, and two guards approach me.

One of them asks, "Name and ID?" Ah, I suppose that is for protection purposes. I don't have a legal one, so an illegal one will have to work!

And hopefully it does cause it's too much work to do things legally.

"Mikumo Atanki," I tell them as I pull out my wallet. Ignoring their following gazes, I pull out my ID and offer it to the one not talking. I swear on God that the guard didn't even glance at it before handing it back and opening the gate. That would be fine for a bar per say. However, for a shelter that is meant to keep people safe?

I am concerno, Alberto.

With a nod, I enter inside to a school yard covered in tents and people gathered in circles. Well, this certainly looks like an apocalypse. I don't know why these people are here. Honestly, if I walked in and this is what I saw, I would have left already. Leave me to the wolves! I am more likely to survive there than here due to the insanity of this!

Was I supposed to bring a tent? Or am I supposed to be sleeping on the ground? Why am I even considering this when the whole point of being here is to raise hell? AKA, being kicked out?

I really need to focus. My job is to find the leader and lecture them until I get dragged out or arrested. Fairly simple!

I walk towards the entrance of the school, and I can feel the stares. It's probably due to the mask and backpack setup. However, there's not much I can do about that. It's not like I can remove it, smile, and apologize. It would just end up with throw up on the cement in front of me. Presumably, nobody wants that.

Let me just go inside and get more looks!

Actually, I just realized that they never looked through my bag either. I could have brought a pistol I found in the trash recently and nobody would have a clue! I could start a school shooting easily here! Not that I am going to, but at least I know the career path of being one is still open to me.

Back to the present, I enter into the school lobby to find a similar scene with a different backdrop. I feel like with the right quirk, they could have set it up like a hotel or something like that, but no. This is a very interesting camping trip indeed. Now we just need the building gone!

I barely get to step in when a gruff voice calls, "Whoever just came in, get over here quickly."

I spin towards the voice, and the words slip out before I can even think of the consequences, "Excuse me?"

"Don't make things difficult."

It doesn't take long to see it is coming from a brunette man in a trenchcoat. His setup happens to be right by the door, but there isn't a tent involved. Instead, it is surrounded by a bunch of medical equipment and opened medkits. He would be sitting criss cross applesauce on the floor with another guy in front of him. Considering it seems like he just finished wrapping that man's hand, that pretty much confirms that he is a doctor.