Chapter 119 - A Lackluster Ending

Warning: Murder and blood

---

Shouta's POV

Ever since we confirmed that Izuku was going, I can feel the tension growing constantly as we get closer and closer to our destination. Even before, when we were redressing Izuku into his underground costume with a new arm to give him any safety precautions we could, it didn't stop.

We know that we are practically guiding Izuku to death's door, even if we don't plan on letting him die. Between All for One's want to destroy the place for Izuku and Izuku wanting revenge, we don't have a choice.

It doesn't help that Izuku has not shown any signs of waking up. For how much we have been moving around, I would expect some sort of reaction from Izuku, but nothing. He's out like a light, and it's ironic that I am worrying about him sleeping for too long now. If this was any other time, I would let him sleep for as long as he wants, but his life is on the line. He needs to wake up soon.

We haven't said a word since we left. Hizashi took over driving while Nemuri and I took the back with Izuku. Izuku is resting between us with his weight on me without realizing it.

"Guys," Hizashi says, breaking the silence as he slows to a stop.

I look up at Hizashi only for my attention to be captured by what is in front of him through the window. Blue flames are scattered across the area as only remnants of buildings stand with rubble creating uneven ground. Heroes and villains are fighting in said remnants with the noise of quirks and guns and whatever else they may be using causing a ruckus. Smoke fills the air, and we're starting to smell it in the car.

It looks just like the last battle. We're having to go through this again.

A whoosh interrupts our distraught, and I catch Hawks from the corner of my eye waiting just outside the door. I hesitate before opening the door.

"How is he?" Hawks asks before anything.

I shake my head, "He's been out the whole time."

"Shit. Well, we can always play hot potato-"

"No."

"Hey, I'm just kidding, man."

"At a time like this?"

"He would be doing that same thing if he wasn't constantly getting shit on," Sadly, that's true, "Anyway, do we have a way of waking him up or is he zonked out?"

I turn my attention to Izuku and lift my shoulder, "Mikumo, wake up," No response. I look back at Hawks, "He's too out of it."

"Damn," Hawks mutters, "Well, you guys did bring him as asked. He didn't ask him to stay."

"Do you really want to push his buttons?"

"Would you rather throw him on the field asleep? Because, no matter what, it isn't going to go well. He has the collar on, right?"

Hizashi speaks up, "Yeah, that's the quirk suppressant."

"And he was shit last time he had it on. Even if he woke up right now, it would just be a suicide mission for him."

"So you want us to run?" I clarify. I know that was the plan, but I thought part of the plan would be to show that Izuku is there and then run. I didn't think we would just be appearing and leaving.

"Yeah. That's the safest option for everyone. He sees everything, so he knows his request has been followed through. We'll try and stop him. Just stomp on it."

With that, Hawks slams the door shut and flies off at the blink of an eye. There is hesitation, but the engine roars to life as Hizashi takes the chance. We are forced back into our seats as the speed builds up and up.