Chapter 109 - Fresh Start

Hello everybody! I am Atanki Mikumo, you're new protagonist!

To be honest, I have no idea why I have these honors. Like, I was vibing one moment. The next moment, I can now talk to people outside of my realm. Fun, right? I didn't even have to try out! I just got the part!

Thinking about it, that's probably a bad omen, but I am choosing to ignore it. I'm already fucked up enough. Therefore, I don't think it can get that much worse.

Wait, I'm getting way too ahead of myself. I need to actually explain my life.

So I live in a world where everyone has superpowers called quirks. You probably know the classic superpowers like super strength or flying or whatever. Yeah, those exists. However, they go beyond that. For example, my quirk is called Search! It allows me to stalk people and know how to kick their asses while I am miles away from them! I get to keep data on them too. My quirk is a bit more on the simple side compared to others, believe it or not. Like, the shit gets weird.

With these quirks, people realized that they can use this shit to stir trouble. Since we are humans, they did. Due to chaos not being a good thing for some reason, heroes eventually came to be to put a stop to this. Personally, I just call them the glorified police and don't really give a fuck about them. Villains also exist...that's something, I guess.

I don't care for any of that personally. If anything, I find it annoying as hell, especially now. You see, I live in a town that's pretty near a supposedly highly-secured prison with the most powerful villains. Supposedly is the keyword as those villains broke out and are now causing chaos here. Then, those villains encourage free villains to cause trouble, and the circle of life continues. It makes going to Walmart terrible! Even worse, the heroes aren't a help. They sort of dipped.

Enough about that though. This place sucks so lets talk about me! For a start, it might help if you know what I look like.

To be frank, I am the most emo-looking man you'll ever meet. I have black curly hair and these wide ass green eyes. Okay, maybe that is not emo, but let's add the fact that I have a solid black mask covering my face with tubes coming out of it and attaching to a backpack on my back. I think that's emo. I also have lots of scars across my body, though I don't know how I got them. It's the same for the right arm that I am missing, but I luckily have a prosthetic that I made to cover that.

And finally, round Harry Potter glasses. That's everything you need to know appearance wise.

However, with the mask now being talked about, I believe now is a great time to mention that I am slowly dying!

I don't exactly know why, but I have this illness that is slowly killing me. The only reason I can even move around normally is because the mask pumps a gas that suppresses the illness's effects. It's not the greatest of times. Without it, I would either be sleeping or getting sick.

Great fun, huh?!

There's other effects as well such as struggling to eat and tiredness and memory- oh boy, the memory is especially bad. I don't even know why I am in this town for example! One moment, I was...elsewhere, and now I am here! The only reason I am still here is because I came here for a reason, and I am determined to figure it out.

Well, that's everything, right? I live in a world where everyone has superpowers, and my death is near!

That...kind of sounds sad. I don't know why I made that sound so depressing. I know it's going to happen. Actually, I have known for a while now. That's why I am enjoying my life these days. I don't want to die with regrets, so I am doing everything I want to do slowly but surely.

Now everything is out of the way! Let's discuss the current plans then.

Right now, I am on my way to Walmart for food...at night...in the rain...I never said I was smart. Sure, I have a bunch of degrees, but that's being academically smart. Keeping myself safe smart? No.