Final Author's Note

Good day, all!

We have officially made it to the end of WAHBL, and I am so glad to be done with this work.

I am going to admit right now that I know what to say, but I have no idea about the order of things. Therefore, if this is a messy some of a bitch, you know why. However, I do think this is necessary, especially given how significant this work is to me.

I would first like to apologize for the ending. I admit that it's not that good, and I say that after the first war arc, it went downhill. I don't have a lot of motivation for this story anymore. I will explain why later, but I am stating that notion now for understanding. I had much more I wanted to do with the ending and in general. The issue is that I sort of stopped caring about this fic, and I rather give this an end rather than never get it done.

I do want to delve a little bit into why I ended it why I did.

I took inspiration from a Super Smash Brothers game, believe it or not. I don't know which one it is, but in that one, the final boss fights you for a bit but then eventually gives up. The player then just whams on the boss until it dies. The boss doesn't fight back. I felt it was the best ending given All for One is probably a weak motherfucker at this point, and it represents my own feelings towards the fic in a way.

The epilogue was going to be different where the ending would be Shouta and Hizashi's wedding. I decided against that because I wanted to focus more on Izuku and what he had (and still has) to recover from. I also didn't want to write Izuku just taking over their wedding cause that's just an asshole move (calling you mother-in-laws out).

I think there may be some loose plot points, but I am not 100% sure. I know one for sure is Kirishima and One for All. Pretty much, once All for One dies, One for All decides it is not needed anymore and deletes itself from Kirishima, so Kirishima is a normal boy again.

Not that I gave up fuck about One for All, but I digress.

If there are other questions about that kind of stuff, feel free to message me about it personally or comment about it, and I'll be happy to answer. (For users on this website: if you are going to comment, please @ me. That way, I will actually see it and respond and not ignore it for a year.)

Now that we got the most recent stuff out the way, let's talk about why I stopped loving this fic.

That is not to say that this fic was never a significant part of my life. That would be ridiculous to say. In fact, I could even say that it kept me alive when I first started writing it. It gave me something to look forward to working on. I eventually opened a Discord server on it, and I met many wonderful (and terrible, but I won't ruin the mood here) people. This fic made me so damn happy, and it will be one of the most important things in my life despite my dislike towards it now.

However, I eventually grew out of it. For those unaware, this fic is four and a half years old (yes, I am mentioning the half). When I first started writing this, I was in highschool. By the time that I am finishing it, I just graduated college this month. I have grown a lot during that time, and the fic certainly represents that. It was originally created as a crack fic, and while it is still somewhat cracky, it is mostly serious by the end. I have changed since the beginning, and I now disagree with a lot of what I wrote at the beginning. If I could rewrite it, I would. However, I don't see the use of beating a dead horse. Because of my disagreement with how I wrote a majority of it, that's where I loss a lot of my inspiration.

I will also say that it certainly doesn't help what is happening with MHA now. I really could not care. The story is...well, it's something.

Either way, I am very happy to have finally finished this.

I have no clue if anyone is curious in if I have other plans or not, but I am going to pretend someone does and write it here anyway.

I do not plan on doing any more MHA fanfic of this style. I am done with MHA practically. I don't know if I am ever going to be post anything on here again.

However, if I do, it will certainly be different than my typical stuff.

You see, I have been wanting to write my own story, but my ass can't build a house in a video game let alone a world for me to write in yet. However, I want to write my own story one day, and I believe the first step is creating a fanfic that is far from the original plotline. Only the world is there: that's it. I have to create my own story and characters. That's the first thing I need to work on.

I have been working on OCs and a storyline that is based in the MHA universe. However, only the concepts of quirks, heroes, and villains are the only thing that will remain. Outside of that, I will be adjusting everything to what I personally would have done if I created MHA.

I know few are interested in that, but it's something I really really REALLY want to do. Again, I don't know if I will post it, but if you see me create a story, you know what the fuck it is at least.

Jeez, this is getting long.

I'm going to go ahead and end it here then.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for reading this fic. Without you guys, I probably would have never continued it. I wrote it has a joke, but it became a significant part of my life in every way. That may sound childish. However, I didn't really have a lot to hope for back then. I was (still am) a basic bitch. I know that it is flawed, especially at the end, but I am happy that at least one person is reading it.

All I really hope is that this fic made you smile or laugh once at least. If not that, then perhaps let you forget about the troubles you are going through momentarily. I just hope it helped you in some sort of way.

With that, goodbye everyone, and thank you again for reading WAHBL.