Old Friends {Bucky x Mutant!Reader}

I know it's been awhile since I posted or do any writing, but I think that's because of losing interest in writing even though I love to make stories. I may not have the mojo to write again, or like I used to but I will be posting random oneshots I actually enjoy writing or just random ones that I want to write because I want to get that writing mojo back. Idk if I feel burnt out or what, but I have just been struggling with liking anything I write. So I'm writing this because I've wanted to write this. I'll do more like this because I can lol. No, I will not be taking requests because I don't think I could write those right now. I hope you all can understand and enjoy this oneshot.

Speaking of this oneshot, I'm basing the reader off my oc (mainly because idk if you guys would read a character x my ocs story). The abilities the reader has is shapeshifting, regeneration, slowed aging, enhanced vitality, strength, speed, agility, reflexes, stamina and resiliency to injury (yes basically the same powers as Mystique because my oc is the daughter of Mystique) though not all will really be displayed in this oneshot. This is roughly/loosely set during the show The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. It's sorta set in the middle of the show, definitely before Sam becomes Captain America.

Favorite color: (f/c)
Eye color: (e/c)
Second favorite color: (s/f/c)
Skin tone: (s/t)
Hair length: (h/l)
Hair color: (h/c)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV: 

I kept my eyes trained on the familiar faces I had spotted through the sea of people partying around me. I knew them well, but one of them I hadn't expected to see ever again. At least not in person. I knew he wouldn't recognize me, not with the form I have currently taken on. Though there was some sliver of hope that maybe he could see right through my disguise and instantly recognize me. Yet I decided to push my luck and dance my way over to him. 

His companions had separated from him, though they didn't go to far away. I could tell they had a reason they were keeping close to each other, but I didn't care. All I cared about was talking to him. Even though I'd be a complete stranger to him. Which I think is better than him knowing the truth. I mean how would I explain to him that the young girl he knew back in the forties. He didn't know about my powers and I didn't plan on telling him. 

"Hey there handsome. Here with anyone special?" I mentally cringed at the way I spoke with him. Normally I didn't mind doing that with strangers, but with him it felt weird and I didn't like it. Yet I can't switch it up now. I watch as he subtly rolled his eyes as he looks at me. "I'm a bit busy so I don't have time for whatever you want." I move in closer to him, practically up against him. "Well what I want is you soldier boy." I mustered my sexiest tone to commit to the part I was playing. I could tell he was getting annoyed with me, but this is what I get for going with this role.  Though before he responded I spotted Sam coming towards our direction. I backed away from him as he approached. 

"Everything okay Buck?" I slipped away when Bucky turned his attention to his friend. I made my way through the dancing people, carefully changing my appearance as I put distance between me and the two men. I spotted Zemo examining some artwork, which I took as an opportunity to get some intel from him. 

"It's a beaut." I comment which gains the attention of the Sokovian man. "It is, but definitely not the only thing that is beautiful." I smirk at his indirect compliment. "Oh really? To me the art seems to be the only beautiful things here. I guess that's because I'm not a party girl, but my friends dragged me here anyways." I glance at him as I can tell he slightly relates. "You could just ditch them." I nod as I stare at the painting in front of us, but being fully aware of my surrounds. "Yes, but I'm not sure where I'd go." 

Our conversation is cut short by Sharon calling out to him and the other two men I had slipped away from. I slyly followed Zemo over to where Sharon had shared where Dr. Wilfred Nagel is located. I recognize the name. It is the name of a former Hydra scientist. I'm fully aware he had recreated the super soldier serum for the Power Broker, who I found out through my own careful research is Sharon Cater. I decided to keep that information a secret to keep from being a target.