{Steve Rogers x Reader}

requested!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Agent. We can not allow you to go after the Capitan based on a theory." You glared at the lieutenant. "I will do as I please." You ran out and tried to go warn Steve and Bucky about the ambush. "Bucky! Steve! Wait! It's a-" A hand covered your mouth as you squirmed trying to run after your friends. Slowly everything became black.

You woke up in a room full of scientists. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Should've listened when you were told not to go agent. Now we can break you till you give us all the American's secrets." You glared at the head scientist. "I'll never tell you!" That's when all the suffering and torture started. You screamed and screamed, but never gave in. You eventually fell unconscious. This went on for years. The only reason you were still alive was because of your DNA. You were a mutant, but were unaware of it. You were able to heal yourself or others. The down affect of it you didn't age properly. You still looked like you were in your late twenties early thirties. As time went by you became more aware of everything. You learned their secrets as well as a few languages.

It had been a typical torture day, but today was different. You listened to them murmur about an attack on the building. Eventually it went silent. For a couple of months you stayed in the same room until you heard footsteps. "Alright, stay low and quiet. We don't know what all could be lurking in this place." You smirked and started to sing the star spangled banner. You use to do that to annoy the Nazis. What you were unaware of was that a certain friend of yours was there to rescue you. Though no one knew you were still alive. That's when you heard running in your direction so you got louder. That's when the footsteps stopped. You looked around the best you could to see who was there as you stopped singing. "Hello? Is someone there? I'm really hungry and thirsty. Also I'd love to get out of this god awful chair." A familiar person walked in front of you with a surprised look. "(N/n), is that you?" You recognised your old nickname your best friends gave you. "Oh Stevie I never thought you'd be my knight in shining armour." You were being sarcastic. "Cap who's this?" You looked over and saw a red head. "I'm his girlfriend." You always joked about that, but you did really like him.

"Well I'm Natasha his friend." You smirked as she went along with your joke. "Nat this is not the time to be joking." You looked at Steve and sighed. "You could at least free me from this stupid chair! I need to eat!" Natasha let Steve free you as she tried to see what they did here. "You won't find anything on that. They have a virus that wiped the computer if they put in a simple command, but luckily I know everything they put on there. Nazis are such idiots. They never once thought that I could remember everything they said. That's why I was the only one trusted with secrets because no matter how hard you'd try to get info from me I wouldn't tell. I also have a photographic memory." Steve pulled you into a hug. You blushed and looked down. "Wait how are you alive? If you've been in here for years how are you still healthy and alive?" You looked at Natasha and shrugged. "I guess I'm what you guys call a mutant." Steve's grasp on you tightened. "Don't leave me ever again (Y/n)." You looked at Steve and smiled. "Nothing will take me away from you ever again." He smiled then kisses you. You kissed back. You couldn't wait to see how much the world has changed since you last saw it.