Future Love {Tony Stark x Reader}

The reader is from the 40's, Peggy's younger sister and is great friends with Howard Stark. Howard had been trying to create something to help doing boring tasks faster, but it backfired causing the reader to surprisingly travel to the future. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Howard? Are you down here?" I call out as I walk down the stairs to his workshop in the basement of his home. "Yeah!" I walk over to him to seem him tinkering away on some contraption like always. "What do you have there Howie?" I ask as I stare at his invention. He looks over at me with a smile on his face, gently pulling me closer to him as if it'd give me a better angle of his newest project. "This baby will make everyday life better. No longer will people have to worry about boring tasks taking so long to do!" I look at him, seeing his enthusiasm. It brought a smile to my face. "Are you going to give me a demonstration or is it not ready yet?" He nods as he does some slight more tinkering then steps back from the invention. "Do you want to turn it on?" I hesitantly nod. He shows me where the on switch is and I flip it. At first nothing happens, but I notice a spark start to form. I can hear Howard's panicked voice as the invention malfunctions. I raise my arms up to shield my face and close my eyes, expecting to get hurt, as a bright light comes from the contraption. Yet I feel no pain.

I lower my arms and open my eyes to see I'm no longer in Howard's basement and people are staring at me. I notice that the clothes that they are wearing are definitely different from the type of clothes I'm used to. Then my eyes wander to the small contraptions in their hands. They're all focused on me, but I don't stay focused on that for long. My attention is grabbed by cars honking, cars that are different from those I know of. I looked all around me as I tried to decipher what had just happened and where I was. It felt overwhelming being somewhere new, or at least what I thought was somewhere new. The people seemed too afraid to talk to me, or they were just too focused on staring at me with their little boxes. Then their attention, as well as mine, changed to a thing flying in the air. The people seemed to lighten up and screamed happy praises at the thing, calling it Iron Man.

"It's alright everyone. You can go back to your lives, I have the situation under control." The Iron Man said while seemingly focused on the people, who quickly took this as an opportunity to get close to him. I took this as my chance to slip away, which was surprisingly easier than I expected despite looking like I didn't belong. I kept with the crowd I was in, trying to make sure I got enough distance from that weird thing. While doing so I spotted a tower that read Stark Tower. I quickly made my way towards it in hopes of possibly finding Howard, though I had a feeling I wouldn't find him. I entered the building and looked around, not spotting anyone at first. Then I spotted a woman and man talking at a front desk. I walk over to them. "Excuse me, but I'm looking for Mr. Stark." The two looked at me. The woman opened some kind of folder of sorts and looked down at it while holding a pen that she moved down a piece of paper as if trying to find something on the paper. The man seemed to inspect me. I just smiled at the man and, out of pure habit, straightened up myself to make myself seem more presentable even though I looked perfectly fine.

The woman looked up at me to answer my question, but some doors behind her and the man opened up. "Pepper-" I cut the voice off as my eyes widened at the sight of the person. "Steve?" I ask as I move towards him. He looked at me and his serious expression turned into a surprised one before becoming a confused one. "(Y/n)?" I nod as I smile. "It's so good to see you again, old friend!" He nods as he walks over to me. He pulls me into a hug. "How is this possible? How did you get here?" I chuckle as we pull apart. "I could be asking you the same thing Cap. Last I heard you were somewhere deep in a sea of ice. Yet here you are." He nods as his happy expression slowly gets replaced by a somber one. "(Y/n), that was over 60 years ago." He says, his voice barely above a whisper. I take a step back as I shake my head. "No. No way. Th-That's not possible. I was just with Howard a-and it was 1946. You're... You're lying to me! I... No!" I say as tears form, denying everything that is telling me he's not lying. "This is... This is all just some horrible joke. Yeah. Real funny Howard! You got me! Now you and Jarvis can come out!" I say out loud as I try to hold back the tears.