Not My World (part 2)

Part 2 of the Monkey King oneshot. I would've came up with a different title, but it felt best to just keep it the same since it's a continuation of the previous chapter. 

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

A gasp escaped me as I sat up, a cold sweat covering my body. I looked around at my surroundings. Almost complete darkness surrounded me, the only source of light in the room coming from outside behind the curtains that covered my windows. I slowly caught my breath as I place on where I remember being wounded. Yet there is no injury there. I slip out of bed and hesitantly walk over to the curtains. Slowly pushing them back I find the sun beaming down into my room. My body starts to shake as my legs become noodles causing gravity to bring me to the ground, my vision blurring with tears. A mix of emotions coursing through my body as I come to the realization that I'm back in my world.

I sat there on the floor sobbing until no more tears would fall. Yet I don't move from my spot. Not until I hear the sound of my phone ringing. I stumble and slightly sway as I lift my body up despite wanting to stay in place. I make my way over to my bedside and pick up my phone, taking it off charge before answering it. "Finally! I've been trying to call you for hours! Did you oversleep again? Seriously you need to stop pulling all nighters binging all of those shows." I recognize the voice as my best friend. I honestly don't remember that the two of us had made plans, but to be fair it's been months since I last spoke with her. "I-I'm sorry. I-" I didn't care that I sounded like shit, I just wanted to be back with Wukong and see him smile one last time. "Are you okay? Did something happen? Is that why you didn't answer? Do I need to cancel our plans and come over?" So much worry and concern filled her voice. "Please, I don't want to be alone right now." I managed to choke out. As much as I didn't want her to see me like this I don't know if I can handle being alone right now. "Alright! I'll be over in fifteen minutes! Bye girly!" She hung up after I said bye to her.

A couple of months went by after that. I told her about everything that happened, but told her it was all a dream to not come off as crazy. Not surprisingly she didn't believe it was just a dream with how torn up I sounded. Yet she didn't treat me like I was crazy over it all, which honestly made me feel a bit better. She promised that we'd make a trip to China to visit some temples of the Monkey King when we both could afford to go. It surprised me with how quickly we were able to save up money to go for two weeks. I know I won't actually get to see Wukong, not ever again, but I'll at least get some form of closure. At least that's what I believe. I know I'll miss him and everyone in the fictional world, but at least I could get close to them when I did.

"Okay, stay close to me. After all, I am the one that knows more Mandarin out of the two of us." I roll my eyes as I nod. "You're acting like I'm going to be the one that gets distracted. Besides, you're always bouncing around trying to see as much as possible and getting yourself lost." She pouts at my comment, knowing I'm right. She's honestly like Mei and MK on steroids sometimes, but I guess everyone has one of those extroverted and distractible friends. "You're such a meanie." She says as she sticks her tongue out at me. "Yes, the meanest of meanies." We both just laugh at this before we meet our guide. They are the nicest and most patient person with us. My best friend did most of the talking while I just looked at everything. Our guide didn't mind, which I'm guessing is because of something my friend said but I didn't ask.

We ended up visiting a few temples before taking a bit of a break since my friend needed a little food break. While we were resting I had the feeling of being watched. I tried finding the source of whatever is staring at me, finding some small monkeys in a tree just staring at me. I mumble something to my friend about being right back before walking over to the tree. The small monkeys watched me approach then all but one left the tree. The one that stayed behind cooed at me, which confused the hell out of me, before it jumped down and headed into the forested area. The monkey stopped and looked back at me, almost as if checking if I was following. I felt compelled to follow, which I ended up doing. In hindsight this isn't the smartest thing to do, but it wouldn't be the first time I've done something idiotic.