Not My World (Sun Wukong x Reader)

I've been wanting to write a Monkey King oneshot, but I've been unsure what to write. So I decided to write a oneshot that is an isekai story. It's a trope I haven't really ever written before so it's a bit messy, but that's okay. I hope you all enjoy. Also just a disclaimer(?) they aren't legos in this oneshot, but it's still based off of the LMK series.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — 

I used to wonder what it would be like to go to the worlds of my favorite shows, movies, and books. However, I never once believed I could actually end up in those worlds. It's not possible, at least that was what I would've said about a week ago when I was in my own world. As much as I dreamed of being here, in the world of the Monkie Kid, I never once was like "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if I could just pop into there and just, I don't know, change everything that's happened in the show.". Yet that's apparently what happened to me. Well I wouldn't say I changed everything that happens, but I've definitely influenced it in some way by being here. Though I haven't actually met the main characters of the show. I may have seen MK in action, whether that be from fighting enemies or just delivering orders to people, but I haven't ever talked to him or any of the others. That was until today.

Today I was out looking for a job, since waking up in an apartment that you've never seen before but looks to have recently been rented out to whoever is staying there which would be you, I need to make some money to afford my new place. I was trying to find the least sketchiest yet decent paying job that I could without having any sort of resume whatsoever because I shouldn't even exist here. Of course finding a job like that is just as difficult as it sounds. However, I did manage to find one place. That place being Pigsy's Noodles. Apparently, yet not surprisingly, Pigsy needed more help at his noodle shop with MK being quite busy with training and being the "Monkie Kid". I was so tempted to just not apply for the job, being a delivery driver and busgirl, but I really need the job. Sure, I wanted to meet MK and his friends, especially the Monkey King, but I knew that I'd just get attached and that wouldn't end well for anyone if I suddenly disappeared one day. I couldn't handle that kind of heartbreak, even with them being all fictional characters. So I decided, against my better judgment, to apply for the job. Much to my surprise I got the job. Pigsy's exact words were, "Can you start today?", and that's how I ended up with the job.

So here I am, working at Pigsy's Noodles. Despite how chaotic it tends to seem in the shop in the show it was pretty tame. Of course MK was off training with Monkey King, which was not a surprise. I did my best to stay to myself the whole time I worked, but when Mei came in looking for her best friend I really struggled since she really didn't know how to respect someone's personal space. It's not that I didn't enjoy her presence, but she is a bit overwhelming. Especially when I'm trying to avoid getting close to her or any of the others. Though she did back off when some other customers came into the noodle shop. It honestly was so much different from how I expected working at a restaurant would be like, but this isn't home. This isn't my world, things are different here. If I hadn't come from a different world I would've loved to open up to Mei, become her friend and eventually friends with the others. However, that isn't the case. I'm just a stranger in a strange land that is hoping to go home without affecting the world around me.

My thoughts were interrupted by my name being called out by Pigsy. I looked at him as I stopped wiping a table with a clean washrag. "I know this is only your first day, but I need you to take this order and deliver it to this address since MK isn't back yet from his training." I was really hesitant to do the delivery, but I could just use the GPS on the phone, my phone that apparently was able to travel with me to this new world, to find the location and I'd be using the tuk-tuk that MK usually uses for deliveries. "Okay." I placed down the rag and walked over to the order that luckily had the address written on it, courtesy of Pigsy. I grabbed it, along with the keys to the tuk-tuk, and made my way outside.

The drive to the location honestly felt longer than it actually was, mostly because I had no clue where I was going. Though where I was to deliver the surprisingly big order of noodles looked quite abandoned by people. I saw a ton of monkeys, but from what the place was called, Monkey Village, it was no surprise that it's a village full of monkeys. It took me a second to actually realize where I was. "Monkey King's shame temple." I mumbled to myself as I parked the tuk-tuk. The place was featured in one episode where MK had to learn about focusing. Which clued me in on who I was delivering noodles too. Though when I actually thought about it, shouldn't the monkey be on Fruit Flower Mountain training MK? Of course my question was answered as soon as I spotted MK with his teacher. They were talking about something, but I didn't really bother paying much attention to their conversation.

"Pigsy's Noodles." I say as I approach the two men. Whatever they were previously discussing comes to a halt as they both look right at me. The looks on their faces told me enough, even though the monkey demon was trying to hide his suspicion with a look of surprise. Honestly, I understand I'm someone new and I am doing MK's job. However the look on the elder male's face quickly changed, a smirk gracing his lips as he leaned towards me while his eyes not so subtly checked me out. "Bud, you didn't tell me you had such a cute coworker." As obvious as it is that Monkey King is flirting with me, I ignored his words while shoving the order into his face. This caused the simian to lean back, nearly getting hit by the food, and MK to just watch in utter confusion. I look at my new coworker, pretty much acting like Monkey King isn't standing right in front of me. "I'm guessing you'll be the one paying since I highly doubt your monkey friend has any real money." My words seem to snap MK out of his confusion given the way he shook his head before nodding to confirm my words followed by a "yeah". I nod in response while Monkey King just pouts as he takes the bag filled with their order from me.