Christmas Special: Sally's Song {Vanitas x Reader} (AU)

You were sitting outside in the courtyard listening to music when your recording of Sally's Song played. You started to sing along. "I sense there's something in the wind, that seems like tragedy's at hand. And though I'd like to stand by him, can't shake this feeling that I have." You sighed thinking about your best friend Vanitas. He was always getting in trouble and fighting with his brother Ventus.
Can't shake this feeling that I have. The worst is just around the bind, and does he notice my feelings for him? And will he see how much he means to me? I think it's not to be.
You felt a tap on your shoulder and looked up and saw your friend Aqua. "Hey Aqua." She smiled. "Hey. What are you listening to?" You showed her. "Sally's song..?" You nodded. "Thinking about him again (Y/n)?" You looked down and nodded. "Why don't you come and join us at my place later so we can hang out again like the old days?" You shrugged. "I might, but no promises." She nodded and left.
What will become of my dear friend? Where will his actions lead us then? Although I'd like to join the crowd in their enthusiastic cloud. Try as I may, it doesn't seem to last.
You got up and went to your locker as the bell rang telling you school was over for the day. You grabbed your things and walked to Aqua's house. You pasted an old playground that you guys would hang out at when you, Vanitas and Ven were six while Aqua and Terra were ten. Then four years later Ven and Vanitas were in an accident. Ven was in a coma and Vanitas was locked in his room blaming himself for everything. You had grown apart from the group during the years when it happened. You noticed Terra was effected by it too. Aqua tried her best to help him. You started avoiding them. The next six years Vanitas had changed, becoming a bad boy. Ven had woken up last year and everyone was happy to see him. You still kept your distance from them. Aqua was the only one that you could talk to. She made you feel better and tried her best to bring you back to the group. You continued walking to her house.
And will we ever end up together? No, I think not, it's never to become. For I'm not the one.
You had walked up to the door and knocked. You waited then the door opened. You saw Ven and he stared at you. "(Y-y/n)?" You nodded. Ven had been homeschooled after he woke up. His parents wanted to make sure he wasn't overwhelmed with everything. "Hey Ven." He hugged you. "I've missed you so much! Why haven't you been coming over?" You didn't have an answer for him. "Ven let go of her. She's not our friend anymore." You winced at Vanitas words. You pushed Ven away gently.
And will we ever end up together?
And will we ever end up together? No, I think not, it's never to become. For I am not the one.
You tried your best not to cry. "I see I'm not wanted here. It's good to see you Ven, but I can't stay I have to go sorry." You walked away and went back to the playground you guys use to play at. You say on the swings and lightly swung. You heard some leaves being crushed like someone was walking. You looked up and saw Vanitas. "What do you want?" He sighed. "I'm sorry." You looked at him and saw he was serious. You stood up then hugged him. "It's ok." He wrapped his arms around your waist and put his head on your shoulder. "I'm so sorry. I just haven't talked to you and you keep avoiding me." You started to tear up then you pushed Vanitas away. "I'm sorry Vani." You looked away as tears fell down your cheeks. "No. You have no reason to be sorry." He gently grabbed your chin and made you look at him. He then wiped away your tears. "No it's my fault you got distant." He leaned down and kisses you. You kissed back wrapping your arms around his neck. You both pull away. "I guess we were meant to be." Vanitas looked at you confused. "What?" You giggled. "Nothing." You kissed him again then you heard a squeal and pulled away seeing Aqua, Terra, and Ven. You blushed then put your face in Vanitas chest. "Finally!" You looked at Ven then at Vanitas and saw him blush. "Shut up Ven!"