Love Is Complicated (The Doctor)

Cross-posting from AO3

Notes: Honestly I was just wanting to write a Doctor Who oneshot and I just wrote whatever. Sorry for the definite OOC of characters because I've only seen up to the end of the season with the 12th Doctor and Clara and Danny. The beginning is supposed to be set between Clara and Bill, but idk where it went after that lol.

I didn't use (Y/n) that much, but it is used. I try to not use it too much, but I still used it. Also the planet and people of the planet are all made up. I also looked up trivia questions, but the Coraline one is actually something I learned myself.

Anyways, this was purely for the fun of it. So please don't hate.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"Don't touch that! Stop being such a pudding brain!" I roll my eyes at the insult. I'm used to it after traveling with the timelord for so many years now. I'm not even sure how many at this point, but I know how many faces. Though there was a period of time after Donna that I wasn't traveling with the Doctor; he had kicked me out. Of course upon meeting his new face, the one with a bit of a pointy chin, he apologized for leaving me for so long.

So I've gotten used to all of his different mannerisms, especially his insults whenever his companions, myself included, don't listen to him. Sometimes, with this new face, he can be rude for no reason. Especially now that Clara is gone and it's just the two of us. Yet I don't blame him, but it does frustrate me at times. Mostly because it feels like he doesn't trust me whenever I do something considering I've been his longest companion so far; that I'm aware.

"Look Doc, I know what I'm doing. Now shut up and let me pilot the TARDIS in peace." This wasn't the first time I've piloted the spaceship, but that never stopped him from complaining about my piloting skills. "I would if you-" I let out a dramatically loud sigh. "I swear I try to do something nice and I get treated like an incompetent child." This resulted in a grunt of annoyance from him.

I know he's just trying to be helpful, but he definitely needs to work on his tone. "Just trust me Doc." I say as I glance at him briefly before focusing on piloting the TARDIS. Luckily this ended up with him actually shutting up for the remainder of my piloting; which is a lot smoother than his, but I was taught by River, who knows how to actually teach someone how to pilot the TARDIS. The silence gave me a chance to focus and get to our destination quicker than I expected.

"We're here." I tell him as I make sure the parking brake is on and anything else to make sure that nothing will happen while we're parked. "When and where exactly are we?" I quickly grab the monitor that would answer his question and pull it over to me before he can. "That would ruin the surprise." He just gives me that look that is a mix of annoyance and grump. "Don't worry Doc. I had help from the TARDIS when picking the place. I definitely trust her so I know it's not any place bad. So go on, go see where we are."

He softly sighs and relents, going over to the door and opening it. "Are you going to just stay here or...?" I let go of the monitor and grab my bag off the nearby chair, slip it over my shoulder, before rushing over to the Doctor. We exit the TARDIS and find ourselves on what looks to be a mostly humanoid planet.

The sky is filled with a soft orangish red color with lavender clouds that float about along with a rose pink sun. The streets are filled with a mix of medieval and modern buildings that looked to be incorporating both times into one. There are occasionally bits of flora that are shades of green, similar to that on earth but not quite the same. The planet's residents are of different shades of soft pastels, but the most common color is seafoam green. The clothes they wore kept the renaissance era style while mixing it with a more modern day style. I quickly noticed that the outfits were mostly androgynous, which really made the styles of the outfits pop better.