Rekindled Love {Loki x Reader}

So this kinda inspired by a loki fanfic that I read on tumblr called From The Void, With Love by  whirlybirbs. It's an amazing fanfic that I highly recommend you go read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day started out like any other for me. Yet I could tell today would hold a new adventure. Whether I was going to enjoy it or not would be another thing. I just knew something was going to happen today.

"Kid, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be having the day off?" I roll my eyes as I look over at my boss. He treated me like a kid because I was the youngest member of the staff, but I knew what I was doing. "Yes sir, but I have some work to catch up on and I can't afford to be behind." Just as he was about to respond a coworker needed him for something so he went off with them after making some kind of comment that we'd continue that conversation later, but I know my boss and he'd forget about it later.

As I'm walking to my desk an orange doorway opens up and people in a sort of armor that looks similar to some police, but definitely different. I stare at the officers as one pulls out a tablet of sorts while the others place down some sort of device. I watch them in pure confusion as the one with the tablet thing speaks. "Variant located and captured." Just as those words were utter, a pair of cuffs were placed on my wrists. "Whoa! There has to be some kind of mistake! I-I'm not some kind of 'variant', whatever that is!" Yet my words had no effect on the people as I'm pushed through the orange doorway.

Everything seemed to go by in a blur before I found myself in a courtroom behind a podium in front of a judge of sorts. I listened to her speak. Yet her words didn't reach my ears until I heard, "You have been found guilty and will be pruned for your crimes." My eyes widen as I quickly look between the judge lady and the officer coming my way with a baton in their hand. "Wait! What crimes have I committed? I demand to know what I'm being charged with!" The judge sighs as she holds a hand up to stop the officer from 'pruning' me.

"You, Variant P1130, have committed crimes against the Sacred Timeline." I interrupted her before she could continue. "Sacred Timeline? That is a load of bull. Is this because I decided to go to work today? If so I could have easily gone home instead. Problem solved! No pruning required!" The judge placed a hand on her face, which made it clear she was annoyed with me. "It's not that simple Variant." As she was going to continue I heard someone standing up somewhere behind me before making their way over to me. "Excuse me, Judge Renslayer, but I think before continuing with the pruning there are some questions that could be asked of this Variant that could prove to be helpful to the TVA." Judge Renslayer looked at the man beside me and sighed. "What makes you think she will be any help?" I watch as the man just shrugs. "Call it a hunch." The judge reluctantly nods in approval, which leads to the man to walk away. It took me a second before I registered what just happened and followed the man.

I followed him all the way to a room that was called Time Theater. When I entered the room I spotted a lone table and a weird looking projector screen on the wall on the other side of the room. I hesitantly walk over to the table and sit down as the man sits across from me. On the table in front of the stranger is a file, my file. I stared at it as he looked in through it. "Why did you save me?" I softly ask as I glance at the man. "I believe you could be some kind of help in finding a certain Loki variant." My eyes widen in surprise when he mentions Loki. "What?" He looks at me to see my surprised expression, which he can't help but chuckle at. "No way am I helping you find that egotistical trickster."

"Look Princess, you don't have much of a choice. It's either help me or get pruned, but I'm certain you'll pick helping me over being pruned." I look away from him, not only because he's right but because he called me princess. I haven't been called that since I ran away from Asgard to avoid my arranged marriage with Loki. I was only to marry him because his mother thought I could help him be himself around others instead of being a trickster. If I was still the little girl I used to be, I would've married him as soon as I heard the news because of my huge crush on him. Now not so much because he grew to be someone different right before the arrangement was announced. "Fine I'll help you, but not because I want to."