Just Open Up {Sal Fisher x Reader}

A Sally Face oneshot because why not?  

Katlyn is an oc of mine that I thought would be fun to include lol

Also art is not mine. I was looking for Sal without his prosthetic face and I saw that beautiful piece of art by Sokodraws. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I told you, he's not going to notice you if she's in his life. We have to get rid of her." I roll my eyes as I swat away the spirit that has been following me around since I came to the Addison Apartments to visit my cousin Todd years ago. I was only a teenager when it appeared out of nowhere. It told me that she was my guardian angel, but I didn't believe her. "Katelyn shut it." I mumbled hoping that my friends didn't pay any attention to me since we're all hanging out. No longer the teens we used to be. We are now the adults that have done their best to stay in contact since everything that's happened when we were just teens. Sal, Todd and Larry were roommates while Ash moved away to get a break from everything. I had been living on my own that was pretty far from the boys, but the distance never bothered me because I could hide my feelings for my best friend Sal.

"Ghost troubles?" I look at Sal and shrug. "Not really. Just my 'guardian angel' being annoying as always." I say, putting quotations around the words guardian angel since none of us could really figure out Katelyn's deal. "I'm not annoying. I'm just helping you. Especially since you are so-" I glare at the spirit as if the others could see and hear it, but luckily they couldn't unless Katelyn allowed them to. "Do you two need a moment?" Larry jokingly asks. I shake my head as I look at my friends. "I'll deal with her later. She doesn't really seem to be going anywhere so I can focus on having fun with you guys." The group nods as they continue the conversation they were previously having. I didn't pay much attention as my mind seemed to be plagued with what Katelyn suggested. Though I know I could never bring harm to Ashley.

"Oh! I forgot to mention some amazing news!" I'm brought out of my thoughts by the voice of Ash. I looked at her and noticed the lovestruck look in her eyes. "I started dating this cute boy. We met a little after I last visited and the two of us just connected." I look over at Sal, trying to read his body movements. Yet I couldn't tell what was going on in his head. "Congrats Ash. Hope you two are happy together." I could hear the genuineness of his words as he spoke, which sort of confused me. When we were teens Sal had the biggest crush on Ashley, but never acted on those feelings. I thought he still felt that way about her, but I could be wrong. It has been a while since then so I could understand him losing romantic feelings for our friend. "Yeah Ash! You should bring him around sometime so we can meet him!" Larry commented enthusiastically, earning nods of agreement from the others. I slightly nodded in agreement, but my focus was still on Sal. I used to be able to read his body language so well when we were teens, but the more I tried to distance myself from my ever growing feelings for him I must've grown rusty with my body language reading skills.

"What about you (Y/n)? Are you dating anyone?" I shifted my gaze to Ashley and shook my head. "You know me Ash, I suck at the whole dating thing. I mean I tried dating a dude a few years ago, but it just didn't work out. Plus he was still hung up over his ex that I was less of his girlfriend and more of his rebound until his ex came back around. Which didn't bother me all too much. I was sort of trying to date him to get over my feelings for-" I'm cut off by Katlyn, who decided to make herself visible for the others. "Sally Face!"

My cheeks heat up as I glare at the spirit. "Go away! This is none of your business!" Katlyn just laughs as she disappears from the sight of the others. I roll my eyes as I slightly shake my head. "She is so annoying." I grumble. "Is it true?" I looked at Sal, seeing that he as well as the others were staring at me. "Huh? Oh! Well you see, um, I... Well um.." I tried to figure out how to fix the situation to save our friendship, but I couldn't think of the right words. I quickly stood up, grabbing my bag in the process. "I need to go." I mumble as I feel like the world is caving in around me. I quickly exit the room, heading straight to my car outside.