Miss Me, Love? {Klaus Mikaelson x Original!Reader}

The reader was the witch that was forced to become an immortal by her mother, but her mother ended up as her first kill so her power hungry mother couldn't join her. She used to be friends with the Mikaelson kids, but she left their lives in order to keep them from knowing she became a monster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I softly sigh as I stare at the pictures in the photo album I've kept over the centuries. It was full of pictures of everyone I've met over the years. Usually I felt just nostalgic looking at the photos, but now I feel lonely. I couldn't ever bring myself to turn anyone, not wanting them to suffer the same fate as me. Yet that didn't stop me from running into some other vampires. Luckily none of them knew I was an Original vampire. Though I have no clue who had turned them. I just knew I wasn't the only Original out there.

"You know staring at that won't make you feel any younger." I look over at Kieran, the man that knows I'm a vampire. He also helped me find a place to stay while in New Orleans until I moved onto my next place. I sigh once again as I close the photo album. "That's not a feeling I have to worry about." He nods as I put the photo album back into my bag. "You could always go into town and get a drink. My niece works as a bartender, you two might end up being great friends." I nod as I head towards the big doors of the church. "Might be fun." I say as I wave bye to the man, leaving the church and going into town.

I walked through the busy streets all the way to a bar, which happened to be the exact bar Kieran's niece works at. I spotted her, having seen an image of her before, behind the bar and walked over to her. I sit down on the open seat in front of her and order a whiskey. The two of us made small talk while I drank, not really feeling the alcohol though I have been drinking for centuries which helped keep my cravings for blood down. "So what brings you to New Orleans?" I stare at the glass in my hand, thinking of what to say before answering. "Needed a new start so why not go somewhere I haven't yet." I say before downing the glass full of whiskey. "Running from the past?" Cami asks as I place the glass down for more, pouring more into the glass. "Something like that." I mumble while watching her pour the glass.

I hear footsteps approach the bar, but I don't pay any attention to who they belong to. "Hello love." I hear a familiar voice say from beside me. I remain calm, having heard familiar voices over the years from being alive for so long. "Hello Klaus. What brings you here today?" Cami questions the man beside me. I feel a wave of melancholy wash over me when she says his name, memories of the first friend and love I ever had before I became the monster I am today. "Just felt like getting a drink from my favorite bartender." I watch Cami roll her eyes as she gets him what I'm guessing is his usual. I down my drink once again while she's getting his drink. She sees this when I place down my empty glass. "If you keep downing these glasses of whiskey you're bound to get into trouble." She says to me while handing Klaus his drink. I just shrug before resting my chin on my hand. "Don't worry about me Cami, I can take care of myself." I tell her as she pours me another glass.

"Who's your friend Cami?" I hear Klaus ask, feeling him staring at me. I remove my head from my hand and grab my glass, slightly turning my head to look at Klaus. I took a sip of my drink as I looked at him and nearly choked. "Careful love." He says with a slight smirk. I roll my eyes and look away from him, it hurts looking at him. "Don't call me love because I'm not your love." I say then down this glass of whiskey. I put the glass down and pull out some money from my bag, placing it down on the counter. "I'll see you around Cami." I say as I get up and leave before Klaus could even speak. I couldn't stand being around him, he looks too much like him. Yet it didn't cross my mind that he could be him and be just like me.

I walked around the town until I unintentionally came across the Abattoir. I stare at the building, but don't dare try entering. I hear footsteps approach me, but I ignore them. "Enjoying the view?" I looked at the person who spoke and saw another familiar face. "Marcel, what do you want?" I ask the vampire as I cross my arms. "Oh nothing." I roll my eyes and look back at the building. "I know better. Especially after your little misfits tried to kill me for coming onto their turf. I did enjoy the snack." I say which gets a laugh from him. "Yes, well you know we can be a bit territorial. Maybe if they knew you better they wouldn't come after you anymore." I sigh softly as I look back at Marcel. "If I go inside the Abattoir with you will you stop bothering me?" He nods with a grin on his lips. I suspect he has a plan, but I won't let that bother me.