Chapter 2- Alive

(Gamer's Pov)
I woke up with a splitting head ache, everything hurts like hell. I sat up, hand holding my head, few seconds later I felt an absolute pain on the right of my stomach, looking down to see a large wound inching down to my hip. That's when I realized that my shirt was gone, my pants had been replaced with a cream-colored pair, the only thing of mine remaining was my hoodie which was unzipped. I looked around me... I'm in some sort of tribal tent- I found a mirror and instead of seeing my normal reflection, I was met with a change to my hair which was now shaved at the sides and the rest spiked up a bit. The black eye shadow was also partly cleaned away, only the tiniest bit stayed around my eyes. "S̸͔̆t̷͖̊i̵̬̽l̵̪̋l̴̛͍ ̸̣̇ẅ̵͙e̶͈͆ā̸̘k̷͚̂... g̷̙͋o̵͙͘ť̶̢ ̸̮̊k̶̫̀ḯ̶̙d̶̤́ǹ̶̥a̴̤̎p̷͇̽p̵̄͜é̵̡d̶̛͍ ̸̭͌a̵͙̎ń̶͙d̴̮͂ ̷̱͂s̷̟̚ť̷̬ị̸͂l̶̥͋ḻ̸̌ ̵́͜n̴̡̐ȅ̸͕e̸̟̓d̵͕̈ ̶̭̓y̷̜̔o̴̫̍ụ̷͋r̷͙͋ ̸̜̀s̴͇̅t̵̝͠u̵̗̾p̷͎̽i̴̗͝ď̵̠ ̴̣̇f̴͙́r̴̨̈́í̷̜ë̴͔́n̵̛͙d̵̤̈́š̸͖ ̶̹̍t̷͚̓ó̵̳ ̴̬̆š̷̬ã̶̗v̸̼̒e̴̋ͅ ̴̛̹y̵̙͋ó̴̪ṳ̶̽" great, the voices are back "K̵̗̅i̶̼͝l̸̦̋l̶̫͐ ̸̗͗ỵ̶͠o̴̟͠ú̴̝r̷̘̕s̵̮̏e̸̘̕l̸̝̊f̵̳̓ ̴̥̂ǹ̴̳o̸̟͒w̸̝̔ ̶̻̀t̴̪͌o̴̞̓ ̴̪̽s̴̮͛ä̸̞́v̴͇̓é̷̢ ̶̝̈t̷̙̑h̴̫̿ẹ̷̆m̶̖̓ ̸̞̓t̶͎̀ḧ̶̰́e̸͇̐ ̷̙͋t̷̹̚r̵̭͝ȏ̷͙u̵̪̍b̵̰͛ĺ̷͓ë̷͓́... y̷̞̓o̴̥͒u̷̖̅r̴͉͠ ̷͈̀f̶͕̍r̶̙̒ǐ̵̙e̶͇͒n̸̜̂d̴͇̎s̴̨̈ ̷̡̌t̷̪͒h̷̳̊i̵̙͘n̴̮̓k̵̰͌ ̶̑ͅy̵̠̌o̵̅ͅu̷̗͐'̵͙͐r̴̤̔ḛ̴̀ ̴͎̓d̸̖͊ḙ̸̉a̶̮̋d̶̰̐ ̶̝͐a̶̪͗n̸͈̈́ỳ̷̫ẘ̵͖a̴̫̍y̵̠͒ " the voices laughed as someone walked into the tent. I immediately backed away, but ended up hissing in pain, holding the wound. "You really shouldn't move so much" I looked up to meet the glowing emerald green eyes of a girl with black hair, her voice sounding melodic with a bit of an accent hanging off each word "You need to rest in order to heal" she took a step forward, but I just moved away from her more "Stop moving. You'll hurt yourself" "Like how you're gonna hurt me later" she gave me an annoyed look. She grabbed a small box and touched a shadow, disappearing "Shit" I looked around the tent. She's a shadow walker- she appeared right next to me out of no where, scaring me and making me jump. She grabbed my arm, used a leg to hold my legs down and placed this dark green gunk on my wound as I hissed in pain "Don't move next time" she wrapped a make-shit bandage around the wound and my torso before getting up and putting the box back in its original place "... w-what's your name?" I asked, she turned her head, looking back at me "Iris Darkwood, you are Gamer Shadow, am I right?" I hesitantly nodded my head "Where am I?" "Riverside, dead east and across waters of where we found you" ... where they found me?- [flashbacks of the building collapsing, Gamer unconscious and Death's yelling in the distance]. "I need to get back now!" "You're in no travelling condition" "My friends think I'm dead. I don't care what condition I'm in right now, I need to get back-" Iris through a knife which just missed my head. "So selfless. Reason why you almost died the night we found you. Selflessness can only be good if angels use it, don't act like an angel" "I was a fucking angel once, give me a break" I spat back, Iris raised an eyebrow "Born angel, turned demon?" I nodded my head "But still powerful shadow walker who doesn't believe in himself, don't know how you haven't died yet" Iris went to walk out, but stopped in her tracks. "Get up, you need to walk a bit" I stood up, legs feeling dead as I took a step, balance a bit off, but I made it to the opening of the tent.

I looked out at the campsite in front of me... shadow walkers... everywhere. There were little kids running around, a few of them shadow walking while women and men worked around them "Welcome to Riverside, one of the oldest ancient camps still standing" Iris motioned me to follow her. Walking past tents and people... its so peaceful and safe from the world outside. Iris looked at me "You're smiling" "U-uh I-" "Its okay to find a place beautiful- father!" Iris grabbed my arm and dragged me over to a tall man with coal-black hair, pale skin and the same glowing emerald-green eyes as Iris. "Iris... I see our shadow walker now awake" "U-uh" I couldn't really talk "I'm Draven Harvest, chief of this camp, I'm honored to be in your presence" Draven kneeled down on one knee "I-I should be the one honored to be in someone's presence- I'm just a fallen from Hell standing in an ancient camp-" "Don't be stupid, powerful darkness flows off you, therefore you're worthy of the honor" Draven stood up. "Look around" he gestured to the whole camp, everyone was smiling at me "You've been welcomed here, and your stay may be as permanent or temporary as you please- but diffidently not going anywhere until your wound is healed" Draven laughed a bit, a woman walked over to me with a beautiful blue bellflower in her hand, kissing the flower before placing it on my ear "You're home now" the woman smiled as everyone cheered a bit. I smiled a bit, trying to take in the scene in front of me, I wanted to be happy, but... I've got a home... I miss it and the family I've left there......

Later that Night...
They had been so kind to let me stay in the 'Healing Tent'.... I just still don't understand why they want to help me or want me to stay. "Gamer?" I looked over to the entrance of the tent to see Iris "Are you alright?" "Yeah, I just miss my friends" Iris walked over to me "They're family to you, its alright to miss them-" "They think I'm dead Iris... for a few of them, the thought would eat them alive and they'd think its their fault.... I need to get back-" "You're in no travelling condition". Iris held her anger back "When it heals, then you can go back, but for now you're stuck with us, whether you like it or not".....