Chapter 76- Swords and Hearts

(Death's Pov)
After yesterday's 'starling rescue', Ianthe arrived with the mid realm authorities... she wasn't happy. She yelled at me, Gamer, Angel, Seraphina and Lucifer for about thirty minutes... Anti was in the ambulance at this time. Ianthe decided right then and there that the whole class will be punished... two weeks of full on pe combat training every since day while Lucifer's punishment who being the teacher to break school rules and stealing Erik's car again, he has to sort through the storage closets while we're in constant pe. Anti's expected to stay in hospital for until late afternoon tomorrow. At the moment, the whole class was in pe uniform, practicing whatever Erik tells them they need to work on as he walks around the room... Erik hasn't exactly come up with something for me to do yet so I've been sitting on the stage, waiting for him to come back around the room and give me something to do. I signed, looking around the room. I first looked at Seraphina, she had paired up with Akire, practicing attacks and blocking with their staffs. There's Bonnie outside on the field practicing summoning and using her bow and arrows while Wilford and Chase are doing laps around the field. Amethyst, Alex and Isra playing around with their powers, Dark and Noah practicing hand on hand combat along with having small breaks to practice with Skyler as well. Nilima and Asherah were practicing combat with their powers, meaning Nilima with fire and Asherah with water. I then looked over at Angel who was sitting in the corner of the school hall with Leo, showing her how to do... something with her powers? My gaze shifted over to Gamer who Erik was now talking to- Erik's showing him how to use a sword? Okay, that one is a little confusing. I got off the edge of the stage and walked over to Gamer as Erik headed outside to check on Bonnie, Wilford and Chase.

"Hey-" Gamer swung the sword, blade frozen at least a centimeter away from my throat "Okay..." I breathed, the action had caused me to hold my hands up in the air as if to surrender "Drop the sword, please" "Sorry Death" Gamer laughed a bit, smirk on his face as he lowered the sword. "Why are you practicing with a sword anyway?" I asked, folding my arms "Well... you know how yesterday we fused and could summon both a sword and a spear?" "Yeah?" I answered, raising a brow "You usually use a gun or a sword while I use a spear or now my demonglass blade" Gamer stated. "Okay, but that doesn't answer my question of why you of all people have a sword" "Actually it does" Gamer said, looking away from the sword and up at me "If we're gonna be fusing for fights against killens or Grey Army soldiers, we should learn how to use the other's weapon" "That's... actually a good idea" I admitted. Really, it would help in cases where we have to fuse but also if we're limited in what weapons we can use in the situation "So you want to show me how to use a sword better then you?" Gamer smirked "Is that a bet?" "Depends if you can use a spear right or not" I laughed a bit at Gamer's words. "You really are a smartass today, aren't you?" I summoned my sword "Just keep in mind, you're learning how to use it... the demon way" I warned "What-" I swung my sword, nearly getting him in his right hip as he blocked the attack. "Always be ready" I smirked before swinging my sword again, Gamer blocking it from hitting his chest as he glared at me "Oh don't give me that look, this was your idea" "Fuck you" Gamer hissed, taking a step back before swinging his sword, nearly getting me head yet I thankfully stopped it. "Calm down stormcloud-" "I'm putting you through the same shit tomorrow" he smirked, attacking again as I blocked, both of us smiling through it.

(No One's Pov)
John walked into the command room, looking at all the files that were brought from the Darkbrooke base stacked in different piles on the large table. John signed as he walked over to the table; targets, people, soldier records, battle and war records, complete lists of all active and unactive killen and Grey Army bases, and more. John immediately walked out of the command room, closing the door, leaning on it... he can't bring himself to look at any of those files, not when there's more important things to worry about like... John looked down the hall as he dug into his pocket, pulling out Lev's jade green heart stone. John held it tightly in his hand, close to his chest as he started walking down the corridor. A few minutes later, he found himself outside the infirmary. John hesitantly walked in, closing the door behind himself before walking over to one of the old hospital beds where Lev laid, still unconscious... when the team checking in with Darkbrooke arrived back, Grey Leader told John that seven students from EU had got in through the loading bay and took out most of the soldiers and unfortunately Lev as well. John held Lev's hand as he sat down in the empty seat by his bed, John placed the stone back into his pocket as he looked at Lev... he seemed peaceful, in no pain whatsoever yet his veins were still a bit grey "I promise you Levan, everything will be okay... I'll never let anyone take you away... I won't let anyone hurt you again". John reached into his other pocket and pulled out a tiny object. John then leaned over and kissed Lev on the forehead "Jeg elsker deg, min jade" he whispered.

-Enrith Castle-

"Lytrse is gonna kill me" a bark-brown haired woman said with a panicked voice as she ran down a corridor into the dinning room where Shyama and Rochelle were sitting "Did you two go into the Thorn Temple recently?" the woman asked her friends, panic rising in her voice "No?" Rochelle answered, raising an eyebrow in confusion "Endzela, is everything alright?" Shyama asked. Endzela Forester; mid-length bark-brown hair, pale sun-kissed skin and emerald green eyes, Black Councilor of the Thorn Wing. "No, nothing is right- the jade heart stone is missing from the temple's alter" Endzela told her friends "Aren't those stones 'magically welded' into the alter?" Rochelle questioned "Technically yes, but any person who's worthy could easily take them" Shyama answered Rochelle, turning to Endzela. "Has anyone outside the court and council gone into the Temple?" "No, not without Euanthe's permission or supervision" Endzela answered, failing to calming herself down "Euanthe and Lytrse are gonna have my head for this-" "Zel, calm down" Rochelle told her, getting up from her seat and walking over to Endzela. Rochelle held her friend's shoulders "This isn't your fault whatsoever, the new owner of the stone must've summoned it either by accident or purpose" Rochelle told her as Endzela fidgeted with her fingers "I'll report it to Lytrse for you-" Endzela hugged Rochelle... should mention that Rochelle Burns does not like hugs whatsoever. Rochelle pulled Endzela away from her "Thank you so much-" "Yeah yeah, any time" Rochelle said, walking out of the room with an annoyed look on her face.