Chapter 79- Blocked Karma

(Gamer's Pov)
I blocked a few of Death's attacks before shadow-walking behind him yet he immediately turned around and blocked my attack, disarming me of my spear. I quickly grabbed the sword strapped to my back, swinging it to block another attack from the ripper demon who yet immediately stood back to throw away the spear and summon his sword. The sound of swords clashing lasted for a few minutes before I managed to disarm Death of his sword, I smirked at him as I held the tip of the sword to his throat "I win-" Death swiftly knocked the sword out of my hand and grabbed my arm, pulling me towards him for an easy 'knock out' yet I quickly shadow-walked behind him. I tackled him to the ground, ending up with me sitting on his stomach with my demonglass blade to his throat as he looked up at me "As I was saying, I win" I grinned as Death held back a laugh "Right... you win, this time" he admitted as I got off him and helped him up to his feet. Me and Death had been practicing most of the day in our 'new' combat pe uniform. "Hey Gamer!" I flinched a bit as I turned to Skyler as she ran over to us "H-hey Sky" I smiled a bit "What you got there?" Death asked the pink-haired demon, folding his arms "Well the other day I overheard you saying that you needed a better way to carry you demonglass blade and so... I have a suggestion" Skyler started. I signed "Alright, what is it?" "...close your eyes" she advised, I rolled my eyes before closing them, feeling Skyler switch my old belt for a new one and... something tight on my leg "Okay, open". I opened my eyes, looking down to see a dark brown leather belt with some sort of leg strap with a place to place a blade "Uh... I don't know-" "Trust me" I looked up at Skyler "I've watched how you move and fight, you simply find a blade hanging off your waist uncomfortable" I looked back down, hesitantly slid the knife into place... in the corner of my eye, Death smirked. Well Skyler's right, this is actually far more comfortable then the other ways I carried the blade.

"Thanks Sky-" "No problem" Skyler immediately ran off in a hurry. I turned to Death "What are you smiling at?" I asked, narrowing my eyes "Ask the cutie with a dangerous blade strapped to his thigh~" Death smirked as I glared at him "I don't understand you sometimes" I rolled my eyes yet catching Death staring at my leg. I re-summoned my spear, hitting Death in the side with it "Stop it" "I can't help it, it's distracting" Death laughed a bit, cheeks dusted with light pink "So either I'm distracting you or the person I'm gonna be fighting?" "An exciting distraction at the least" Death smirked before I hit him again. "Don't be so inappropriate!" "I'm sorry!" he laughed as I folded my arms "Okay... okay, I'll stop" Death breathed, looking away from me yet still smirking a bit before I hit him again "You're thinking about it" I glared at him as he bit his lip "You fucking perv" I muttered, walked over to the boy's changerooms, Death following after me. "Game-" "You send too much time around Prince, Kitten and Lali" I walked into the changerooms, over to my locker "You basically think like them now-" "pfft, I do not" Death said, leaning against a locker by mine "Oh really?" I looked up at Death, eyes narrowed. "Yeah really" he returned the same look back "Alright Death..." my eyes burned bright green as I looked at him directly in the eyes "What are you thinking about right now?" I asked. Death's face relax a bit as he got lost in my eyes "You..." a second later, he snapped out of the trace as my eyes faded back to sky blue "Did you seriously just use that hypnotizing thing on me?" "It proved my point" I opened my locker, yet Death closed it on me "You don't see me doing that to you-" "If you had that sort of power, hundred percent guess on one of the things you'd do with it" I spat back. Death's glare somewhat softened a bit as he smirked "Oh really, bet ya one day, I'd be able to get something from you with just myself and no 'hypnotizing' crap" I rolled my eyes "That would only ever happen when pigs sprout angel wings and halos and fly gracefully over the school roof" I glared at him.

"It's the Mid realm emo, thing like that can most certainly happen, especially at a school like this" Death smirked walking out of the boys' changerooms as I angrily signed, leaning against my locker while a black shadowed figure walked out of Death's locked which so happened to be adjacent to mine. "You heard all of that, didn't you?" I questioned Li "Y̷͍̚e̵̹͠p̷̦̒... y̵̺͋ỏ̵̙ȗ̸̙ ̸̨͛k̴̯̔ń̶͙ȏ̸̹w̸̹̉, Ȉ̵̙'v̴̱̓e̷͙̿ ̷̦͛š̸͕ę̸͛e̸͝ͅn̶̳̉ ̷̯̔f̶̯͌l̵̲͘y̵̯̓i̸̘͗ň̷̠g̸͔͠ ̷̗̊p̵̹͐ḭ̴̽g̵̛̬s̷̼̈́ ̶̼̊m̴͍̊y̴͔͛s̷̘͘ē̷̗l̵̛͙f̶͂-" "Nice try, it ain't happening" they huffed, folding their arms "W̵̗͝h̸̝͒y̴̭͝ ̴̡̀n̴̺͗ǒ̸̦t̴̙̔? n̴͎͂ọ̴͝ ̷͎͛ḧ̵̯́a̶͍͒r̴͚͂m̷͇͛ ̷̲͂i̵̓͜ň̴̩ ̵͙̿d̴̥͐o̴̢̊i̶͇͂ṅ̷̦g̸͕͐-" "Seriously Li, just stop-" "What the..." I turned my head to see Alex standing at the end of the row of lockers, completely dumb-found and confused. "Alex? What are you-" "Did you see that?!" Alex interrupted me, pointing in the very place Li just moved away from "See what?" I asked "For a split second there was..." Alex froze for a second "You're gonna think I'm crazy" he looked at me "I thought I saw an actual person standing at Death's locker". Li held back their laugh "What are you talking about-" "It was looking at you- red eyes... a ghost?" I pretended to sign "Alex, there's no one but you and me here" I lied "W̵̨͠e̵̩͋l̵̨͛l̸̀ͅ ̵͍̆ã̴̠l̶̖͝m̷̖̄o̷̱͗s̷̨̆t̶̳͒ ̸̡̓n̶͇̎ö̴̩ ̶̪͒ọ̵̐n̶͖͐ĕ̴̤" Li laughed bit. No one else can know about Li... at least not for now- wait, how did he see- "Yeah... you're right, just seeing things" Alex waved it off, walking past me and out of the changerooms "W̴̚͜e̶͓̚l̸͕͐l̴̦̋... ẗ̴̢́h̴̻̾ã̶͓ẗ̴̥́'s̴͎̃ ̵̟͘n̸̲̒ẻ̴̻ẇ̷͉..." "Yeah... and we need to figure out why quick".

(No One's Pov)
Angel had hidden herself in the girls' changerooms, eyes closed and trying to focus... nothing. "Okay... maybe what I did right before...?" Angel muttered to herself. She brought her arms up in front of her face, and again... nothing. 'Maybe the emotion I was feeling at the time' Angel thought, taking a shaky breath as she thought about the moment... how she felt, the panic and worry of losing a friend... yet nothing happened. Angel angrily punched one of the lockers she was standing by "Why can't I do it?!" she slammed her fist into the locker again "Because it takes time" Angel turned her head, seeing Seraphina looking back at her "How long were you standing there for?" Angel asked as Seraphina took a step forward "Long enough..." Seraphina walked over to Angel. "It doesn't just... happen, it takes so much time and training just to get to do it at least once" Seraphina started as Angel angrily signed "I'm sorry- I just-" "I get it, you want to use it to protect your friends" the reaper nodded her head a bit. Seraphina held Angel's shoulders "Trust me, you'll get 'God Mode' again when you really need it" the angel assured her yet Angel just looked down "We don't know if that would happen, even for someone like me".