Chapter 10- Practice Makes Perfect

(No One's Pov)
Lucifer sat down at Ianthe's desk with Erik "This term, the ego classes are to practice unlocking an unknown power they have and controlling it-" "What about seven certain demons from 1A? Will they be doing the same?" Lucifer asked, Ianthe signed "Erik's next class is with 1A, so he'll give them all the assignment-" "I'm also going to be keeping a close eye on a few angels and demons that we need to worry about with a 4A student" Erik finished Ianthe's sentence, hoping to lessen Lucifer's worries. "You're gonna have an ego student from the year above help observe some of the most powerful and probably chaotic students this school has ever had?" Alright, Lucifer kind of had a point "The best we can do right now-" "The excursion you have planned for the last week of term three, why not push that forward-" "We can't, this term is mostly training classes, then we have the huge visit, then welcome home week and-" "Stop". Both Ianthe and Erik went quiet "Do the seven at least know?" Ianthe looked at the ground "Fucking hell- you don't have forever, they need to know-" "It's not my place to tell them Lucifer, if you want them to know the truth then convince Aristomache herself or Satan, those students aren't from heaven" Lucifer laughed a bit under his breath as he tried to control his temper "Actually Ianthe, one is from heaven, therefore he's also your responsibility and he really needs to know what heaven and hell did to him before he fucking finds out for himself". Lucifer stood up and walked out of Ianthe's office, down the hall. Erik ran after him and grabbed him by the arm "Luci-" "No, those two women are suppose to be queens and they're too scared to tell a couple of teenagers the truth" Erik took a breath "I agree with you that they should be told the truth, but like you just said- they're just teenagers" Lucifer shook his head, looking away from Erik. "I meant that they're like teenagers-" "They died as teenagers, meaning they're gonna think like one- how do you think they're gonna react if we told them the truth?" Lucifer stayed silent "I remember telling one of them that she's never going to see her daughter ever again and that her daughter doesn't exist anymore and guess what she did? The tried drowning herself where we use to drown sinners as punishment". Lucifer still didn't look at him "And exactly two years ago one of them decided to try jumping off the roof of the Phantom Wing because I told them that their fucking shit crazy father is still somehow alive" "Alright, I get it... but at least try to convince you cousin to tell them-" "What do you think I've been doing ever since they arrived in Hell?".

Erik had given the class their assignment, instructing each individual student of what they are suppose to be attempting to do. Since they were all outside today, she decided to sit well away from everyone as she attempted to use her powers to kill a flower... yeah, Erik suggested starting on a flower. Leo sat down next to Angel while she continued to fail "Have you figured out to read the journal yet?" Angel gave him a glare before turning her attention back to the flower "Take that as a yes-" "Why didn't you tell me that-" "Because I didn't know how you'd react, plus what you'd do after reading it" Angel stayed quiet "You would've done the same if it was one of your friends" "So we're friends now?" Angel's words were almost like venom, venom that didn't seem to effect Leo. "I'd understand if you don't want to be friends, but it can't be worse than dating me" "Got a point there" she then slammed the book shut out of anger "What's wrong?" Leo asked "I'm suppose to somehow kill this fucking thing without touching it-" "No need to get angry" Leo said calmly "How am I-" "Just calm down and relax" Leo held his hands either side of the flower "Clear your mind of distractions, focus on thing" glowing red vein-like patterns crawled up the flower. "Picture it decay and be patient" the flower's color turned to a blackish brown, petals falling to the ground "It takes time and practice to get it right without killing other things" Leo took his hands back and smiled at Angel as he picked a flower behind him, then held it out in front of her "Now give it a try". Angel hesitantly held her hands either side of the flower, making herself as calm as she could. The flower slowly decaded, turning to ash. Angel held back a smile as she looked back at Leo who was smiling at her "See, told ya" Angel rolled her eyes at Leo's words.

His next set of words though, she didn't expect "You'd agree with me if I said that Death was over protective and clingy over-" "Yes" Angel answered immediately "Dark, Akire and Anti would agree too" "I didn't even say who he'd be clingy-" "You were obviously going to say Gamer" "Oh...." Leo had drifted off from his words. "Why did you ask-" "Just how I'm seeing things at the moment" Leo interrupted, Angel grabbed her book and placed it on her lap. "....Death was over protective of Gamer ever since he arrived in-" "You mean ever since he fell" Angel looked at Leo and signed "Forgot you knew that... anyway, he was only protective of him because Gamer needed the protection, it was actually his job" "Guessing that's about the feral demons and devils" "Exactly, plus both Satan and Aristomache trusted Death with the job of keeping Gamer safe until he learns how to fight and defend himself". Leo looked over at the field where a few of their classmates were playing like a bunch of little kids "How long did it take for him?" "Not sure really, guess I just overlooked it, but Leo" Leo looked at Angel, seeing worry on her face "Sometimes demons can't let go of the past, I'm one of them.... try your best to help them and not fight them".........