Chapter 70- Consuming Problems

(Death's Pov)
I was back in the councilor's office, another 'session' with Mrs Holme. She's mostly asked me questions about how the 'Soul Catcher' assignment went last week until- "Why are you so afraid to love someone?" Mrs Holme asked, out of the blue "Uh..." I was a bit taken back by the question. "T-There's lots of reasons, really..." I looked at the floor "I mean, obviously heartbreak and... I don't want to feel like a burden... for anyone who's left to deal with me and sometimes the only person you can rely on is yourself-" "I'm sorry Death, but that doesn't exactly answer my question". I sat there for a minute, silent before the words finally spilled out of my mouth. "In the human realm, when I was about... thirteen maybe, I figured out I was bi and there was this cute boy across the road... I told my parents about it, but it being 1943 at the time... you can very well picture their reaction" I crossed my arms "I became an orphan that exact night... but soon I found this lovely girl and-" I stopped myself... a repeat of my death playing in my head. "...I woke up in Hell, made a friend during chaos, someone I could've called my 'brother' until I lost him... I just focused on helping my own people- other young ripper demons until I met Angel... I tried lying to myself but I just ended up hurting her, so I gave up on love until.... just recently..." I closed my eyes "...I'm afraid to love people because... I don't think anyone would ever love me....". I didn't hear her pen touch paper, just her leaning forward in her chair "It's okay to be afraid" she placed a hand on my shoulder as I looked up at her, a kind gentle smile on her face "And admitting you're afraid is good".

(Angel's Pov)
I walked down stairs to the boys' level of the dorm house, immediately being greeted by Anti "Hey-" I walked past him and out the front door, walking away from the house as Anti ran after me "Angel-" "Leave me alone, Anti" I continued to walk towards the school "Hey, just hold up-" "Ianthe wants to talk to me, you can just fucking wait-" "You still pissed about what I told that human?". I stopped walking, getting annoyed and pissed "I only told the school security guard that so we wouldn't get caught or just to buy the others a little more time-" "I know" I said, rather harshly "And that's not I'm actually mad about". There was half a minute of silence before Anti spoke "She still hasn't talked to you, has she?" he asked "No, not a single call or text" I balled up my hands, nails digging into the skin of my palms "Nine weeks... nine more weeks before going back to Hell just for no fucking reason..." I clenched my teeth. "Well, nine weeks... she'll have have to talk to you then" "Yeah... maybe, if she doesn't dodge me with excuses of being too 'busy'" I relaxed my hands, breathing out "...I need to go, Ianthe's waiting for me" I started walking again towards the school and this time... Anti didn't dare to follow.

(Death's Pov)
I walked out one of the back exits of the school, hoping to kind of get some time to myself. It's already halfway through the first week of the holidays, how fast the year actually goes... in two more weeks, it's the last term of school... it's nearly been two years of being in Rieannie, at EU... we only have two more years to go. I walked along the side of the school.... what about 4A? Virgil, Janus, Roman... next year will be their last at EU meanwhile, it'll be our second last... it's going quicker than I hoped- I don't want my time here to end... I don't want to go to the human realm permanently with a person who can't see me... I don't want to be alone. I glanced over at the old willow tree... Isra once said that that tree had been standing there since the school was built, the first head mistress of EU made sure none of the construction went near it, so that tree is important... yeah, I do actually listen to Isra when she goes on her little 'history' rambles. It's something she loves, like I'm gonna take that away from her, but... god help the human who has to listen to her rambles, at least they'll be good at history with Isra's help. I stopped, only just noticing Gamer sitting on a branch of the old willow tree. I walked over, soon leaning on a low branch, looking up at the fallen "You really like this tree, don't you?" "Well it's not that bad of a spot" Gamer laughed a bit "How are you feeling?... after last week and all" I asked. After going through the gate, back into the Mid realm, Gamer blacked out due to what Ianthe called... a 'magic overload'. Basically, when Gamer came back through the gate, his powers and 'magic' came back to him all too quickly... imagine just all this power hitting you all at once... it was a bit too much for him, resulting in him passing out. "Again, I'm fine" I raised a brow "Seriously Death, I'm fine" he tried to assure me, but it was no use "I'm just worried about you-" "You worry about me too much, worry about yourself for a change" "Why to you think I'm at the school right now?" ...oh shit.