Chapter 43- Getting Ready

(Angel's Pov)
A few of the girls, including me, were in Skyler and Bonnie's room. I was sitting on Skyler's bed as the girls showed me their dresses for the dance... for tonight. Each dress was made by them, reflecting their personalities, who they were... their dresses were perfect. Mangle dressed in whites with golden-sun symbols and patterns lacing the back, top part of her chest and the trimming of her dress. Akire's was black and red, and of course, some sort of steampunk-style dress with hidden celestial-witchy symbols. Skyler's, black and pink, matching her child-like yet psychotic personality. Lastly Bonnie's was blue and white with thin yet tiny laced gold embroidery she had done herself. Mangle, Akire, Skyler, Bonnie and myself, getting ready for tonight... well, the other four were getting ready, I was still sitting there in my normal clothes "Angel, you need a dress?" Bonnie asked "N-no, I'm just having second thoughts about the one I'm gonna wear tonight-" "It can't be bad" Akire interrupted. "Look Angel, you're gonna have to put that dress on eventually, besides... you don't want to stand-up Anti, do you?" Akire smirked as a light shade of pink dusted my cheeks "Oooohhhh! Angel likes a guy!" "Sky, calm down" Bonnie laughed a bit before looking at me "Why don't you show us the dress and we'll tell you whether or not you should wear it?" "Okay...". We walked to mine and Mangle's dorm, I went through the bottom of my closet until I found a cardboard box. I grabbed it and placed it onto my bed "Keep in mind, it's a bit old" I took the dress out of the box, holding it up to the girls... a long black silk dress, skirt layered with black lace with small traces of gold glitter, tiny stars embroidered into the dress's silk and lace.

The girls stared at it in awe "Where did you get it?" Skyler asked "Jackal's dad managed to get it, according to him, it's my mother's dress" "It looks like it belongs to royalty" Skyler exclaimed "Sky's right- it fits into the 'Sun and Moon' theme really well" Bonnie walked over to me, taking a closer look at the dress. "Angel, you should wear this dress tonight... for yourself, for Anti and for your mother" Bonnie smiled gently as I looked down at the dress in my hands... how would my mother react? To seeing me as a demon, as this curse the royal family of Hell made me... and for years I have dealt with people comparing me to her- how much I'm like her... how proud would Roxanna Widow be of her daughter? Of Elizabeth Widow?... of me? "Guess I don't really have a choice, do I?" I nervously laughed, the feeling of awkwardness and self-hate rising in my throat as the girls tried to get me ready for tonight's dance, the disaster surely waiting to happen.

(Death's Pov)
I laid on my bed, scrolling through messages on my phone as Dark got ready to the dance, funny how I'm the only one completely ready and not worrying about anything unlike the other guys on this floor. "Mate, you look completely fine, Seraphina is gonna think your handsome-" "Or just probably ditch me in the first few seconds of looking at me" I rolled my eyes at Dark's stupidness "Try getting turned down by your best friend twice" "So I guessing the plan didn't work?". Dark looked at me through the mirror as I smiled a bit "Not exactly... either way, I don't really mind at all" I turned off my phone, looking out the window by my bed "He's allowed to do whatever he wants and have a say, he's his own demon" "Shit, out of everyone here, I'd never expect to hear something like that come from you" Dark laughed a bit as he buttoned up his shirt. Looking out the window, I could see those beautiful stars shining brightly, yet nothing compared to the light of the full moon they surrounded "People change, for the better or worse..." I sat up, still looking out the window... I woke up this morning with a sick feeling in my gut, a feeling of dread, like something bad is gonna happen... something chaotic. The feeling's been bugging me all day, including now. I looked over at Dark as he put on his jacket "Didn't you lend that to Seraphina-" "And she gave it back the next day" Dark answered a bit too quickly "So why did you lend her the jacket again?" "Y-you know... just cleaning up murder scenes" "What is that suppose to mean?" I raised a brow. "It means nothing, alright" Dark glared at me as I smirked, trying to hold back my laughter "Don't you have a bloody tree to be at?" "Okay okay, I'm going" I laughed, getting up off my bed, soon walking out of our room and out the front door.

(Gamer's Pov)
I was sitting on my bed, staring at the mask in my hand as people constantly walked in and out of mine and Anti's dorm. Anti walked into the room, quickly looking at himself in the mirror "Hey Gamer, how do I look?" I didn't looked up at him "You look fine" Anti angrily signed "Well you're helpful, I'll ask one of the others then" he then rushed out of the room and down hall as I continued to stare at the mask in my hands... the mask was from last year's dance. Leo walked into the room "Hey, is black or blue better- what the hell are you doing?" Leo folded his arms as he looked at me, very unimpressed "What-" "Why aren't you dressed and ready? The dance starts in about an hour-" his eyes fell to the mask in my hands "What's that?" He asked "The mask that I wore to last year's dance-" "So you were the mystery person Death was with at last year's...." His voice and words faded. "What's wrong?" He asked calmly, sighting down on my bed as I looked up at him, he was wearing a white suit with hints of red and gold "Uh... Death asked me to the dance... as his date" "And you think it's a bad idea, so you're debating whether or not to go" "Y-yeah...". I looked back down at the mask in my hands- Leo grabbed the mask and placed it on my face before smiling at me "I say go to the dance" he got up off my bed "Who knows, maybe there'll be another killen attack? At least that would make things more interesting" he walked towards the door "Hey Leo" he turned his head "Don't wear a tie and undo the top two buttons". Leo raised an eye brow, undoing a couple buttons before looking in the mirror "Huh... not that bad, thanks" "No problem, close the door behind you" Leo left the room, closing the door behind him as I stood up and walked over to my closet. I only have one 'outfit' that is somewhat nice and that's what kind of use to be my old casino uniform from hell.... I put on the black pants and dug through the closet until I found a black dress shirt and put that on along with a pair of black sneakers, yet the look was kind of dull "I̶̠͗'v̷̬͠ḙ̴͘ ̵̱̆g̵͚͘ǫ̸̾t̸͖̃ ̵̘̍ả̷͚n̶̺̔ ̴̼̉ī̵͕d̷̡̎e̴̥͊a̴̪̐ ̷̲͊t̴̬́o̶̝̓ ̴̦̊f̸̠̌i̵̬͐x̴̳̔ ̴̙͑ṭ̸̀h̸̢͝ā̸͉t̷̫̔" I flinched a bit as the shadling walked out into view.

"Like what?" "A̸͉͐ ̴̘͘l̴̡̓i̵͖̅t̴̨͆t̵̺͘l̷̖̀e̵͇̽ 'd̴̫̀e̷͔̊m̴̏ͅo̶̖̓ṅ̷͎ï̷̪c̸͙̅ ̸̞͝t̸͈͊ỏ̴̹ṷ̷̓c̴̊͜h̶̞̑', l̴͔͆i̸͙͗k̷̀͜e̷̻͝ ̶̙͠w̶̧͆h̸̄͜a̷͔͗ẗ̶͎ ̵̛̰D̷͖̎e̷̤͝ȁ̷͚t̸̫̀h̴̦̆ ̶̺̒d̶̈́ͅĭ̸̱d̴̘̈ ̵̨͌t̶͍̓o̵̞͒ ̷̖͠t̶͓͝ȟ̴͍a̸̮̅ṫ̴͉ ̶̭̾r̸̘̔a̶͘͜d̴͍̑ĩ̵̧o̴͔͑ ̴̩̂l̶̤̓ḁ̶̀s̵̯̐t̸̙̐ ̷̡̿y̷̙̑e̷͍̓a̴̧̽r̶̬̋" I looked at the shadling, then down at my hand "A̸̢̅l̷̻̎l̷̘̈ ̵̢̀y̶̼͛o̸̒͜ŭ̷̪ ̶̛̠ň̵̬e̸̠̓é̷̬d̵͕̍ ̷̖̆t̸̺̍o̴͎͐ ̸̨̈́ḍ̶̀o̷̭̊ ̵̣̌ȋ̸̭s̴̩̓ ̶̖́f̴̡͛o̵̗̅ć̶͈ṵ̵̿s̴͈͗... p̷̤̚ḯ̴͍c̵̨̓t̴̻͊u̵̠͌ř̶̨e̵̻̕ ̷͖̎t̸̞̿h̵̻̾e̵͉̅ ̸̑ͅr̶̫̕ë̶̹́s̴̝͊ṵ̷̂l̵͖̊ẗ̵̘ ̵͝ͅi̴̥̎ṉ̶̀ ̵̼͊ỹ̷̲ȍ̶͜ū̵̻r̵̞͘ ̶͍̈́h̶̗̿ẽ̷̠a̷̻̚d̷̜̿ ̶̓͜a̸̢͊n̵̫͆d̶͚̚ ̵̤͗ǧ̷̖ǫ̸́ ̷̱̂f̴̩͗õ̸̰r̶͕͠ ̸͍͗į̸͂t̶̮̔" my hand glowed bright green as I looked at myself in the mirror "Your fault if something bad happens" "S̶̞̓ư̷͓r̵͎̽e̸̬͗" the shadling smirked. I took a deep breath before touching the sleeve of the shirt...