Chapter 39- He'll Find Out

(No One's Pov)
Mrs Breeks gathered all the visiting school students in the school hall to tell them about why one of their classmates is gone "After Lucifer informed me about the imposter, I checked in with the Taimats, the real Naomi is still home at Coral Coast sick with the flu" Mrs Breeks looked at all her students, all of them either confused, surprised, shocked or very thankful that the copycat killen didn't kill them "So the killen who broke out impersonated Naomi just to kill a student from EU?" Mercy questioned her teacher, Mrs Breeks signed "Last year, Ego University has been dealing with this type of problem, they still are". After a few more minutes talking to her students, Mrs Breeks left the school hall for a teacher meeting with most of the teachers of the four schools, soon most of the vs students left the hall, leaving only nine behind; Mercy, Loki, Adelina, Brooklyn, Vaiva, Senka, Oliva and a couple of other students. "Us nine know that Sabina wanted to kill Death in order to get Gamer" Mercy looked around the room at the people who remained "Death is overprotective of his friends..." Brooklyn stopped talking, thinking a bit "...I like the small shadow walker, he's adorable-" "And fucking dangerous, plus the fact that killens want him makes it worse" Loki interrupted Senka, crossing his arms. "That 1A class is-" "Loki, why do you keep flirting the EU students?" Adelina asked as Loki choked on his words "What?" "I'm just curious since you flirted with Gamer, Death, Leo, even once with Angel which ended in you getting beaten to the ground" a few of the others agreed with Adelina. "She's got a point- you're all over the place" Brooklyn piped up "Shut up, I'm a demon- let me be" "A torture demon who can't control himself-" "Hey-" "You kissed the shadow walker you were just complaining about-" "He tried to kill me straight afterwards!" everyone went silent, staring at Loki in disbelief.

"Wait, no-" "You kissed Gamer Shadow?!" Mercy yelled "Isn't he with Death-" "No, they're just good friends" Adelina answered Vaiva's question while Mercy walked over to Loki "Mercy-" "You've been causing trouble ever since we arrived- what the hell were you thinking?!" Mercy yelled "Uh-" "What the hell were you hoping to achieve?!" Loki took a couple steps away from Mercy. "Why the fuck would you kiss a shadow walker who is wanted by a murderous cult?!" "Mercy..." Loki saw the tears threatening her eyes... Mercy has never cried before, so to him, this was a bit surprising "All while Sabina Mortea was impersonating Naomi- you could've been killed!" she punched Loki, he took it... he knew he deserved it. "Roux, give me one reason I shouldn't just report you to Ianthe or Mrs Breeks and tell them all the shit you've being doing" Loki stayed quiet, he didn't want to dare saying the wrong thing, especially to his closest friend "Never make me think you're gonna get hurt or killed ever again!" "I promise..." Loki replied quietly. "I'm sorry-" "You just better fucking hope Death of all people doesn't find out what you did to his friend" Mercy glared at Loki "The last thing you need now is your own kind tearing you apart, limb from limb".

(Gamer's Pov)
I sat on my bed, the shadling sitting next to me as I stared at the star tattoo on my wrist "Y̷̳̏o̷̽͜u̶̧̓ ̷͇̾n̵̰̆ȩ̸̀ē̴͉ḑ̴͘ ̸̢̈́t̸̼́o̴͚̕ ̷͈͛t̵̤̾ã̵͔ḽ̸̄k̸̫͒ ̷̳̈́t̷͚͊o̵̝͗ ̸͇̃s̶̳̍o̵͖̿m̵̛̞è̶͇o̷̚ͅn̴͚͗e̷͈̍-" "No-" "Ǧ̶͔á̸͜m̸̱͆e̷͖͑ȑ̷͓, ẃ̷̳ẽ̵͈ ̷̪͊b̴̗̕o̴͕͂t̵͉̔h̵̘̊ ̴̼͆k̷̡̓n̷͖̿o̷̝̽w̷̢͠ ̵͍͝ÿ̷͍o̷̱̐ű̴͎'̶̢̍r̵͈̉e̸̹͐ ̸̤̑g̷͑ͅo̸̮̎n̷̹̔n̶̳̏ả̶̱ ̴̙͋k̶̗͌e̸̜͑e̵͍̕p̷̮̂ ̷̞͑p̶͖͂r̵͇̀ḙ̶̃t̶͓͝e̸̲͊ṋ̸͐d̷̛ͅĭ̸̬n̴̮̒g̶̖͊ ̷̘̈́i̷̧͗t̵͙̾ ̵͈̃d̵̢̛i̶̟̔d̸̔͜n̵̛͓'̸̨͌t̷̝̾ ̷̮̔h̴̝̏á̷͜p̷̡͝p̶͉̈́é̴̻n̸̩̋" the shadling went to place their hand on my shoulder, but their hand just went straight through me, as if they were a ghost "T̷͈͝ř̸͉u̷̯͆ș̴̉t̴̳̆ ̷̯̀m̵̯̑e̴̼͐, i̷̙͘f̴̹̈́ ̷̪͝y̷̖͗o̷̺͑u̶͇͌ ̸̳̍c̴̩͋ò̷͈n̵̜͗t̵̙́ȉ̸̫ń̷͔ǘ̵̳e̵̢̎ ̴͍̑t̷͓͆o̴̰͊ ̷͙̈́b̶̡̀o̸̞̿ț̸̒t̶͕̐l̸̖͐ê̵̩ ̷̪͗u̴̠͋p̸̝̀ ̴̟̀y̶͎̿ǒ̴̧ü̵̝r̷̘͝ ̷̩͊p̴͙̌r̴̄͜o̶̝̕b̷̧̀l̸̲̚e̸̩͆ṃ̸́s̶͎̾ t̸̪̆h̵͈̒ḙ̸̍n̶̻̊ ̷̬̋y̴̞̾õ̵̺u̵̠͆'̸͍̉ŕ̵̡e̷͔͆ ̸̘̑g̷͍͑o̴̥̕n̶̹͊n̸̓͜ą̷̃ ̶͋ͅe̴̱̓n̵̺̔d̵̞̽ ̶̦̓u̵̮̔p̵͎͗ ̸͔̊ṁ̵̥a̷̪͑k̵͔̀i̴̻͘n̴͚̕ģ̴̍ ̵̱̍w̸̫͝o̶͔͝r̵̼͒s̶̢͛e̶̗̋ ̵̱̓o̶̜͑n̵̩͆e̸̦͠ş̷̿". I closed my eyes "G̵͓̾ä̴̗́m̸̭̑e̶͈̒r̷̭͝, p̷̳̿l̸͙̑ẽ̴̟ȁ̷͙s̵̜̅ẻ̶̙... t̶̢̀ã̷̫l̶̞̓k̸̘̋ ̵̥́t̸̪͒ö̵̠́ ̵̦͠ş̶̍ó̷̬m̸̥̈́e̶̛̬o̴̮̓ṋ̶̿e̴͓̽ ̸͎̑w̴̠̎ḧ̷̹́o̸̢̿ ̵͎̽k̵͊ͅn̴̩̑ö̴̧́w̷̹̚s̴͉̄ ̸̦͐s̷̺͌o̵͇̕m̵̗͝e̷̫̎ ̶̨̍ō̵̬f̶̻̆ ̶͕͗t̷͙̎h̴̙̓ę̴͊ ̷͈̓s̶͇͗ḧ̷̨i̴̡̐t̷͓̒ ̶̞͂ŷ̵̘ỏ̷̻û̵̠'̵͖̉v̴͍͗e̶̳̒ ̸͖́g̴̗̊o̶̘͝t̵̮͠t̶͉͝e̵͙͗n̴̗̏ ̶̦́y̷̩̾ǒ̴̜û̴͇r̷̹͠s̶͕̈́è̴̖l̸̫̓f̷̲̾ ̷̬̚i̸͖͝n̷̛͇t̸͚̔o̷̕͜" the shadling begged as I rubbed my eyes, tiredness and stress slowly taking over "P̵̫͆l̴̰̑è̷͇ả̴̱ŝ̸̬e̸̥̚, d̸̺͆ọ̴̾n̵̩̓'̷̜͠t̴̛̼ ̷͈̓c̴̺̄a̸͔̓ȑ̸͓e̸͍̾ ̷̆͜ỉ̴̺f̴̠͊ ̸̯͂i̶̤͛t̵̲̕s̴̹̕ ̶̞̚n̷͔̽ọ̶͝t̷̑͜ ̷̱̒D̴̖̐e̷͔̐a̶̗͘t̴̯̊ḣ̵̻, j̵̼͐ů̵̼s̶̠̾t̶̡́ ̷̓ͅt̵͔̕a̶͈͝l̷̨͌k̸̠̃ ̴̘̓t̸̬̒o̸͎͌ ̸̢͐s̸̢̛ò̷̡m̴̘̏ȩ̵͒o̵̫̔n̷̳̏e̸̙͝ ̶̮̈́ẙ̸̩o̵̼͋ū̷͔ ̵̢͌ṱ̷̋r̷͊͜ủ̷̞s̸̰̊t̵̮̾" I signed "Rohit?" I suggested, looking at the shadling to see them nodding their head in agreement. A minute later, I found myself standing at the door of Leo and Alex's room... I took a shaky breath before knocking on the door "Come in" I opened the door, walking into the room to only see Leo sitting at his desk, reading a book "Hey Gamer" Leo smiled as I closed the door behind me. By my side was the shadling, yet only visible to me and not Leo "When is Alex coming back?" "Not until four, he's with some vs and EU students... are you... okay?" Leo asked "I... I-I need to talk to someone... about what's happening" Leo turned his chair a bit, gesturing to his bed for me to sit. I sat down on his bed "So... what do you need to talk to me about?" "I-I need to tell someone what's kind of happening with myself-" "Shouldn't you be talking to Angel? Akire or Anti? At least Death-" "Especially not Death" Leo raised an eyebrow "Death tends to worry too much when it comes to... well me, obviously" "Obviously" Leo agreed. "So what are we not telling Death or the others?" Leo asked "Last week, when you guys were spying on the vs students..." "That thing that you did? Or happened to you?" I nodded my head "The... thing or person who told me to 'try' whatever I did that night... they call it 'phasing', something most 'strong' shadow walkers can do".

"Okay, what's this phasing thing?" Leo asked "Y̶̹͝o̸͙͆ü̶͖ ̸̝̄c̸͕̀a̶̪̿ņ̶͂ ̶̧͂t̵̥̒e̵̻̿l̴̨͋l̶̲̑ ̵̹͐h̵̨͌i̸͕͑m̵̦̉" the shadling whispered as I looked down at the ground "When your soul temporarily removes itself from the body, think of it like being a ghost for a bit while your body is in some sort of death-like-state" "And the person who taught you this?" Leo asked another question. I debated in my head whether I should tell him or not about- the shadling nodded, giving me permission to tell Leo "The otherside crap Akire goes on about, how she can talk to those on the otherside... I can kind of talk to them too" I told him, and when I looked up at him... he understood and believed me "A shadling was with us that night and told me to try that thing". Leo tensed up a bit "Are they here now?" in the corner of my eye, I saw the shadling walking through the wall, leaving us alone "No, but they told me to talk to someone and agreed for me to talk to you" Leo attempted to calm himself down "So... anything else to add onto the phasing and talking to dead people? Leo asked. To me, there was one last shocking thing left, one last thing I never wanted to bring up or tell anyone but... I said something too quietly, so quiet that I was actually mumbled it without knowing while Leo looked at me, confused yet concerned a bit "...what?". "Loki kissed me-" "WHAT?! WHEN?!" Leo looked so shocked, standing up out of the chair "F-four weeks ago-" "Are you serious?!" Leo yelled "Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" "Because I was fucking busy obviously! A-and then Death kissed me on the ferris wheel and... fucking hell, my life's a mess" I held my head in my hands. "Gamer... please tell me you're not gonna go against the deal you made with Death-" "Loki kissed me, I don't like the asshole-" "What about Death? "No" I looked up at Leo as he folded his arms "I made a stupid deal with a ripper demon who's also my best friend-" "A deal that does sort of mean something".

Leo walked over to me, kneeling down and holding my shoulders "Even if you see it as a normal friendship with a fucked up detail, you should be honest with Death and tell him what happened" "I can't-" "Why?" "Because its Death, he'd end up ripping the asshole to shreds and probably won't be my friend-" "Gamer". I looked up at Leo "He'll understand, I'm pretty sure he would still be your friend-" "He's got anger issues, overprotective as hell and has the sin wrath... I-I can't..." Leo's face grew cold as he looked at me "I'm sorry Gamer, but... if you don't tell Death by the end of week ten, I'll tell him myself".