Chapter 67- 'Secret Assignment'

(Gamer's Pov)
Most of my class where hanging out in 1A's student lounge, either studying or talking. I was sitting there reading the old book about shadow walkers Ianthe gave me the first term of last year yet I've read this book multiple times already and still have absolutely nothing I was looking for... except one thing. An excuse to not talk or look at Death... yet I could still somewhat feel his eyes on me... at this point, I was curled up in a small ball and pathetically hiding behind a book. After Friday's... rave, I've felt so embarrassed once memory returned of what happened that night... I feel like I should be ashamed of myself of how I acted and- [our bodies, pushed up against each other as people added to the crowd... Death kissing me-] I buried my head into the book.... and there's that constant reminder playing through my head on repeat. "May class 1A make their way to the school hall now" the speaker announced, everyone looked at each other before getting up, grabbing our bags and headed out the door. We walked through a few corridors, over to the school hall. We walked into the hall, seeing Lucifer, Erik and Ianthe standing by the stage, seriousness painted on their faces as we walked over to them "Ass you all would know by now, sometime this week, you'll be completing a practical assignment" Ianthe started, gaining everyone's attention "That practical assignment takes place tomorrow". As if on queue, the whole class started complaining "Enough!" then they went dead silent, a respondence to Ianthe's harsh change in voice "You may believe that this arrangement is 'unfair' yet the date planned is the only one we may get permission from both rulers of Heaven and Hell, and the Council of Prodiguim". I'm guessing this must be a huge 'rule breaker' of an assignment if Ianthe needed Aristomache and the Council of Prodiguim to agree for it to go ahead- the backstage door opened and closed, I turned my head... my heart dropped as a tall, warm ivory-skinned, brown-haired woman walked over to us. Her dead dark-brown eyes filled with no emotion, blood-red lips filled with poison, wearing her signature black and red while still holding her toxic yet harsh beauty.

"I'm Rochelle Burns, current Black Councilor of the Threat Wing of Hell" she introduced herself as fear risen in a few demons' faces. Rochelle Burns, known for her given title as Black Councilor yet by other words and rumors as well, somethings I heard from mostly Death as he had talked to Rochelle before, more times than you'd imagine. He told me that her sin was wrath, the worst version of the sin he's ever seen... the woman has no heart, and at the time when Death told me this stuff, he described her as somewhat a 'girl version' of himself yet far much worse. "I am here as an acting 'supervisor' of tomorrow's assignment, to make sure nothing... chaotic happens" Rochelle's eyes flicked to Death for a split second "This assignment is known as the 'Soul Catcher' assignment, basically you'll be spending the day in an unknown town looking for your soul stone" I reached up to my pendant hanging around my neck, holding it tightly. Soul stones are a stone, rock, crystal or gemstone that holds the same scent of power identical as the owner the stone is made for. The stone's color is identical to either the owner's sin/virtue, aura or family trait. Soul stones are usually kept on person of the owner as it helps them control and strengthen their powers, but also becomes the owner's most important weakness... yeah, this was another thing Death had told me about during my second year of Hell. "However, there is a few 'catches' to this assignment, firstly... one of you will not be doing the assignment due to already having their soul stone currently on them, therefore that person's version of this assignment will be to help everyone else get their stones" Rochelle explained, taking out a small glass vile filled with a candy-apple red liquid. "Stelstine elixir" Rochelle held it high so the whole class could get a glimpse of it "Akire, what is Stelstine elixir?" Rochelle asked, testing the witchdoctor on something she 'should' know "Stelstine elixir turns the drinker to human for about twenty-four hours" Akire answered, staring at the vile in disbelief.

"They're incredibly hard to make-" "And very rare to get hold of, before its ingredients and the potion itself" Rochelle interrupted yet nodded to Akire as a small thank you. "For this assignment, you must get your soul stones without powers and to assure that... you'll all be give a small vile of Stelstine elixir which you will drink before falling asleep tonight" Rochelle explained a bit more. "Once 'human', you'll all be dropped off in the human realm at a random small town, where you must find your soul stones and return" Rochelle placed the vile back into her pocket. "The consequences of failing this assignment is horrid.... if you don't make it back to the Mid realm in time with or without your stone, you will relive your death" fear consumed everyone's faces "Once dead, your soul will be collected and sent to either Heaven or Hell where the queens will decide what to do with you". After listening to the four adults repeat everything with more explanation and Rochelle handing out a small vile to everyone, Ianthe dismissed the whole class... well except- "Gamer, come here" Ianthe said, motioning for me to come closer "Yeah?" "You're not doing the assignment" Erik said while I stood there... a bit confused. "You already have your soul stone, the pendant around your neck" Ianthe stated as I looked at the stone hanging from my neck...the pendant I got from Riverside? This is my soul stone? "The only reason why you're not doing the same assignment as everyone else is because none of the teachers were able to take it from your person, therefore we had to come up with a compromise instead" Rochelle explained "Who'd ever think that you'd be the only one out of the few whose already got soul stones to never take it off" the Black Councilor rolled her eyes. Wait... did they actually take Angel's soul stone just for the assignment?

After a few minutes, I walked back to the dorm house, walking through the front door to hear yelling come from the boys' living room. I walked down the hallway, peaking through the door to see everyone in there having a 'house meeting'... or more like a house argument about the assignment. I silently walked into the room without anyone noticing, except for Akire and Death taking notice while people continued to complain and argue until- "ENOUGH!" everyone went dead silent, looking at Mangle who had just yelled "Thank you, Mangle" Angel said, placing a hand on Mangle's shoulder as she turned to the rest of us. "We're doing this assignment, whether we like it or not... we'll complete it with little trouble" Angel started, dismissing most of the argument "When we arrive in the human town, we'll split into three large groups; two groups of seven, one group of six. That way, we can help each other and be able to cover more ground" everyone quietly agreed with Angel's plan. We soon figured out who'd be in what group. First group was; Dark, Wilford, Nilima, Asherah, Chase, Bonnie and Broody. Second group had; Akire, Seraphina, Isra, Noah, Alex, Mangle and Amethyst. The last group had; me, Death, Skyler, Angel, Leo and Anti.
Six Hours Later, 9:30PM
I sat on my bed, Virus curled up on my pillow as I held the tiny vile in my hand while Anti sat up on his bed "You alright?" he asked as my phone buzzed with a new message "Yeah, just... a bit unsure about... this" I answered, placing the vile down on my bed and picking up my phone, unlocking it to read the text. 'Good luck with tomorrow's assignment' it read... it was from Michael "Yeah, I guess this is the most sketchy-est-sounding assignment Ianthe and that are making us do, but it will be worth it... for most of us, including you" Anti assured "I mean, you've never been a human before... what's to say a day as a 'fake' one wouldn't help?". In some cases, Anti would be right as the situation I'm in now; wanted by killens, no firm control over powers, the stupid deal with Death... a day away from all of that would sort of help but.... what if there are killens in the human realm? What if someone gets hurt or never finds their stone and get back in time? Thoughts of an overthinker....... in some cases, Anti can also be right and wrong at the same time, but looking at the positive side for now wouldn't exactly hurt, would it? "I guess you're right" I lied, sending a small text back to Michelle before placing my phone on the night stand and picking the vile up again. Its candy-apple red shimmered in the tiny glass vile as I opened it, Anti getting his tiny vile as well and doing the same "Together?" he suggested, I nodded my head a bit in response. A second later, we both downed the candy red liquid at the same time, its sugary sweet taste haunting our mouths... a few seconds after that, Anti fell back onto his bed, knocked out cold. I'm only realizing now why Rochelle specifically told us to take it right before going to bed... once taken, it knocks you out like a light. I slowly fell backwards, eyelids growing heavy as the vile fell out of my hand, then all I could see was black.

Michael:
Good luck with tomorrow's
assignment

                                                                 Thx
                                                                 [seen]