I Killed My Math Teacher!

"Detention again?" Ask Grover as Percy and I trudge outside after our talk with Mr. Brunner.

He wanted to tells us that he can only accept the best from us and blah blah blah.

" nah. He just wanted to remind me that his class isn't pointless," says Percy.

" what do you learn for me is vitally important you two," I say using my Mr.Brunner impression.

"I like Brunner and all-" my brother starts

"Bummer. You gonna eat your apple?" Grover asks.

That's Grover for you.

"I just wish he'd lay off us sometimes. I'm not a genius," I say finishing Percy's thought.

Grover nods like he understand but I just don't think he does.

"Nice going in there, dyslexiac," I hear Nancy yell.

I clench my jaw as she comes over here. My brothers eyes have narrowed down.

"It's dyslexic," my brother says.

Sometimes I can't help but get slightly aggressive so I add a little more to Percy's statement.

"I'd rather be at boarding school for trouble with reading and because I'm a chronic shoplifter klepto girl," I say.

I feel the anger bubbling up inside me. I here moving water but I don't know where it's coming from.

" I steal things because I like to. Do you like having mush for brains?" She asks condescendingly.

My brother and I stand up ready to fight her with everything we got but grover gets up too. He puts his hand in front of us trying to get us to stop.

" guys? Let's just everybody calm down," grover says.

I back off slightly but Percy doesn't.

" Face it, rejects.You guys will always be a losers," she says.

I couldn't back off anymore. Move next to my brothers and then we hear the sploosh of Nancy hitting the water.

"They pushed me!" She tells.

"We did not!" I yell.

"You must have tripped or something," finishes Percy.

Grover steps up "I- it was me! I pushed-" he gets cut off.

"Jacksons! Come here this instant," I hear Mrs. Dodds say.

I look at my brother and we trudge up the stairs to our math teacher.

"Percy? Phoebe?" I hear grover ask.

"It's ok," I say.

"What another night cleaning desks?" Says Percy.

The stairs were filled with kids mumbling about what just happened. They said the water like grabbed her.

"Inside NOW!" Say Mrs. Dodds pointing in the direction of the door.

Percy and I walk in hanging our heads in shame. We get to an open area of the museum.

" you've been giving us problems, you two, did you really think that you would get away with it?" Asks Mrs. Dodds.

" get away with what? I swear I don't know how Nancy got into the fountain," I say with my brother nodding in agreement.

" we are not fools. No one hides from us forever," says Mrs. Dodds

Something was getting weird here.

" confess and you will suffer less pain," she says.

Mrs. Dodds begins to shift. Her eyes become a glowing blood red and her hand grow claws like knives.

"Mrs. Dodds?" I ask confused.

She lunges at us with her claws. I jump out of the way and Percy slides past them. I rush back over to his side.

"You time is up!" I hear her yell.

"En Garde, you two, " I hear someone yell from behind us.

I see Mr. Brunner throwing two pens in me and my twins direction. We both snatch them out of the air.

"What are we suppose to do with a pen?!" I ask.

I watch as my brother uncaps his to reveal a bronze like sword. I do the same to reveal another bronze sword similar to his.

I take the first lunge at her slicing her across the stomach. My brother follows and takes a stab at the side. She makes one more attempt to grab us before she turned to dust.

I had some many questions about what had just happened. I feel like it had to have been a dream.

" please come prepared with your own writing instrument in the future," says Mr. Brunner holding out his hand.

We reluctantly place the pen in his hand.

" Sir? What happened to Mrs. Dodds?" Asks Percy.

"Who?" Asks Chiron.

"Mrs. Dodds. The other chaperone? The pre-algebra teacher?" I say.

" Phoebe, there is no Mrs. Dodds at Academy, and as far as I can recollect there never has been one," says Mr. Brunner.

They who the hell did we just kill?!

"Are you two feeling alright?" Asks Mr. Brunner.