Capture the Flag

Over the course of the next few days Luke has been helping me and my twin figure out who our dad was.

On Wednesday we went to the archery range. I didn't think anyone could suck at archery more than me but looking at my brother I feel good because I hit the target to add a five times if that tells you how bad he was. With that we crossed off Apollo god of archery.

on Thursday Luke had us sprint like a mile. I've never really liked running. I mean I hate it so much my brother beat me in a race. Judging from the fact that neither of us were very fast that crossed off Hermes the speedster of the gods.

And on Friday for some reason Luke position me and my brother in front of the mirror and told us that we were not pretty enough to be Aphrodite the goddess of beauty. Although I was pretty sure you're supposed to be focusing on male gods but I guess Luke didn't want to discriminate.

Later Friday night we joined our team for capture the flag. We were on the blue team with the rest of the Hermes cabin and Annabeth as our leader.

" attention campers. Let's get this over with. For tonight's game of capture the flag, the blue team, led by Annabeth from cabin 6, has allied with cabin 7 and 11. The red team, led by Clarisse from cabin 5, is joined by cabins 4, 9, 10, and 12. Cabin five, Ares, is the current champion. Huzzah," says Mr. D.

" you all know the rules. The creek is the boundary line, and the entire forest is fair game. Magic items are permitted. Killing and maiming, much to my regret, or not. Kyron will serve as a referee and battlefield medic, and a happy event and one of you whelps is injured. Should anyone need me, I'll be in the big house pondering my ignominy. Let the game begin. Good luck, blah, blah, blah," Mr. D says.

The blue team treasures into the forest all following Annabeth.

" so, should I go after the red teams flag?" My brother asks.

" yeah, right. After the week of training you've had? You can take border patrol by the creek, as far from the action as possible. Leave the rest to me," says annbeth.

I hear my brother mumble something as we walk away.

" as for you Phoebe, you and the Stoll brothers take left," annabeth instructs, " you'll be helping them set up some traps for the red team."

I look to the two boys and they smile with their thumbs up and a sack full of who knows what.

" I promise it's more fun than border patrol," says Travis.

" you know I have no idea what I'm doing right," I say.

" doesn't matter. We do and it can't hurt to have more hands to help," says Conner.

We charging to the woods together. The boys instruct me on where to tie and how to tie the knots for simple string traps.

I hear loud banging noises like the sound of metal clinking against each other. I would've usually ignored it seeing as that's a lot of the game except I recognize my brothers oof. The second later I hear Clarisse's voice coming from the same direction.

" I think my brother is fighting Clarisse. We gotta go help him," I say to the stolls.

They nod and we run to where the noise was coming from. They were quite a bit faster than me so they got there a few seconds before I did.

I see my brother standing up against Clarisse and two of her friends. She takes a lunch at him and he jumps left. He takes a jab at her with his sword and she ducks it. She spins around and attempts to use her spear but he ducks out-of-the-way and pushes her down.

She quickly gets back up with a rage burning in her eyes. I swiftly run to Percy side and take my sword out. I take a slash at her it hit the side of her spirit breaking it in half.

"You corpse breath worm," she yells, whatever that's supposed to mean.

I hear cheers and then Chiron announcing that the game has ended and the blue team won. Me and my brother were still standing in the water of the stream. The stoll brothers came to the edge and looked at me and him.

" not bad," I hear a voice say.

I look around for the voice came from but I couldn't find it.

"Here," it says.

I look to where I heard the voice and Siana best ending they're taking her ball cap off.

"Gotcha," she says, " invisibility hat. Pretty cool, right? My mom gave it to me for-" she gets cut off.

" you knew Clarice was gunning for me, so you stuck me here alone to get skewered and sent Luke after the flag. You set me up," my brothers says.

My brother continues to be angry and kind of yelling at Annabeth and Annabeth is feeling nostalgic about her mother being proud of her.

I choose to leave that conversation and find the stoll brothers. They went looking for Luke after he won capture the flag.

I find them with a large group from cabin 11. I walk up to them and Connor puts his arm around my shoulder.

" I swear she could totally be a child of Hermes. She was setting traps like it was nothing," say Conner.

I blush at the compliment. I hear an eruption of sound from where my brother was.

"What did he do now?" I demand.

I turned to that direction but when I turn back around I see a glowing green light above my head in the shape of a trident and cabin 11 is on their knees bowing to me.

" her blood line is determined. Poseidon-Earthshaker, Stormbringer, lord of horses. Hail Phoebe Jackson, daughter of the sea god," says Luke.