Reunited

A sea of demigods clear a path as Annabeth and I walk through the forum. Some tense up as we pass, but no one attacked. Entire families had gathered. I had never seen a place like this. At camp half-blood if you lived long enough to get to adult hood you could either stay in as a councilor or try to survive in the mortal world. Here it was an entire community.

At the far end of the crowd I see Tyson and Mrs. O'Leary who had been the first scouting party for Percy. They didn't look harmed.

In front was a girl dressed in full armor. She was Reyna. Jason described her well. Medals decked out her armor. She carried herself with full confidence.

Annabeth and I stand side by side in front of Reyna with the rest fanning out around us. Another face appears next to Reyna. Percy smiles at us.

I wanted Annabeth to go first. She states stunned. I push her on, but she doesn't move.

"Jason Grace, my former colleague..." Reyna says, "I welcome you home and these, your friends-"

Annabeth's suddenly surges forward. The crowd tenses and some reach for sword that weren't there.

My brother throws his arms around her. They kiss for a few moments.

"Gods I never thought-" Percy starts.

Annabeth takes his wrist and flips him over her shoulder. The Romans move towards her but Reyna makes them back off. Annabeth puts her knee on his chest and her forearm against his throat. I let out a little cheer.

"If you ever leave me again I swear to all gods-" Annabeth's starts.

Percy lets out a laugh. Her face softened at him.

"Consider me warned. I missed you," he says to her.

Annabeth lets him up. His gaze move to me. He runs at me wrapping me in a hug.

"Pheebs I-" he starts.

I feel the anger I'd been feeling for a few weeks.

"If you ever do that again I just might level a building!" I yell as the ground starts to shake. I back off slightly but the ground is still moving.

The Roman's try to brace themselves and Percy and I sand poised and balanced. I guess it's a Poseidon thing.

"This is still going on?" He asks intrigued.

"If I could control it I would," I say sarcastically.

I hug him again. The ground stops shaking as the anger melts away.

"Better?" Percy asks amused.

"Yah, I guess. I missed you. I got so close to leveling camp you know. Travis sat through a lot of tears," I say with a choke thinking of Travis.

I took on this quest which means leaving again. The ground gives a slight jerk but nothing like how it was.

Percy hugs me tightly before letting go. He moves one arm around me and another around Annabeth. I see her snuggle up against his side.

Jason clears his throat. "Yah so its good to be back," he says awkwardly.

He goes through introducing us. Piper looked a little miffed that she hadn't got to use any of her charmspeak lines. Then Leo who grinned and flashed a peace sign.

"And this is Annabeth," Jason says, "she usually doesn't judo flip people."

Reyna looks at Annabeth's impressed.

"I only attack my boyfriend like that. Pleased to meet you," Annabeth says shaking Reyna's hand.

"And Phoebe. I guess you can kind of assume who she is," says Jason looking from me to Percy.

"I'm not exactly like my twin brother you know," I say to Jason, "but nice to meet you. Thank you for not killing Percy. I know it must have been hard."

Reyna gives a nod and then a laugh.Percy gives me a look and then sticks his tongue out at me. I stick mine back at him.

"I promise they're always like this," Annabeth says with a chuckle.

"It seems we have a lot to discuss. Centurions!" Reyna yells.

A few Roman camper hustle forward. Two kids appear at Percy's side. Annabeth and I step away feeling out of place. Percy looks at us confused.

One of the kids by Percy was a burly Asian guy. He had a buzz cut and baby-ish face. The other one was a girl. She had amber eyes and long curly hair.

I could tell by their body language that they felt close to Percy. They stood next to him protectively, liked they'd already shared many adventures. I fought down a twinge of jealousy.

I regain focus. I hear Reyna giving orders to officers.

".... Tell the legion to stand down. Dakota, alert the spirits in the kitchen. Tell them to prepare a welcome meal. And Octavian-" Reyna was cut off.

"You letting these intruders into camp?" Asks the boy I assumed to be Octavian. I already didn't like him. He seemed stuck up and maybe slightly envious, "the security risks."

"We're not taking them into camp Octavian. We'll eat here," Reyna says.

"Oh much better," Octavian grumbles. He seems to be the only one who doesn't see Reyna as an authority figure, "you want us to relax in the shadow of their war ship?"

"These are our guest. We will welcome them, and we will talk to them. As augur, you should burn an offering to thank the gods for bringing Jason back to us safely," Reyna says sternly.

"Good idea. Go burn your bears," Percy says.

Gods I missed him so much. Reyna looked amused at his comment.

"You have my orders. Go," she says.

The officers disperse. Octavian shoot Percy a look and then looks me up and dumb before shooting me a suspicious glance. Percy looks at me apologetically. He moves to Annabeth and slips his hand into hers.

"Don't worry about Octavian. Most Romans are good people. Like Frank and Hazel here, and Reyna. We'll be fine," Percy says smiling.

"We'll be fine," Annabeth repeats distracted.

"Excellent," Reyna says. She turns to Jason, "let's talk and have a proper reunion."