Why'd You Fire The Ballista!

"One more time. Exactly what happened?" I ask Leo sternly.

Leo leaned back against the mast. He kept a nervous glance at me and Annabeth. If there was one thing annbeth and I could do is yell in perfect harmony.

Leo choked back a sob, "I don't know. It's all fuzzy."

Annabeth crosses her arms, "you mean you don't remember?"

Hazel and Frank stand nervously behind us to scared to intervene.

"I... I remember, but it's like watching myself do things I can't control," Leo says.

I don't think he has any room to complain about watching yourself do things you can't control.

Gleeson taps his bat against the deck, "look kid, you blew some stuff up. You attacked the Romans. Awesome! Excellent! But did you have to knock out the satellite channels? I was right in the middle of watching a cage match."

"Coach. Why don't you go make sure all the fires are out?" I ask.

"But I already did that," he says.

"Do it again," I growl.

He walks off muttering under his breath. I walk over to Leo. Unlike annabeth I could get a little sympathetic with him.

"Did Octavian trick you or something?" I ask him.

"No. The guy was a jerk but I fired on camp," Leo says.

This kids is so confusing.

"On purpose?" Asks Frank.

"No!" Leo squeezes his eyes shut, "well yes... I mean, I didn't want to. But at the same time, I felt like I wanted to. Something was making me do it. There was this cold feeling..." Leo says.

"A cold feeling?" Annabeth asks. Her tone had changed from mad to interested.

"Yeah. Why?" Asks Leo.

From below deck Percy called up, "Annabeth, Phoebe, we need you!"

He was below deck tending to Jason. The cut in his head was pretty bad.

"He'll be fine," I say.

"Frank, we'll be back. Just... watch Leo. Please," annabeth says.

Annabeth and I rush below deck. We see Jason laying on his bed. The cut above his eyes had dry blood all around it. Piper sat at his side stroking his hair. He was still unconscious.

"Oh gods," I mumble.

"Why did you call us down here?" Annabeth asks.

"I just needed you two to stop yelling," he says.

I hit him on the head. He lets out a chuckle. I get up and walk to my cabin.

Percy and I share a cabin because there wasn't room for nine including coach hedge and Leo decided the best people to share a room was me and my brother. I didn't mind though. Percy and almost always shared a room unless it was a boarding school. Once we got the new apartment we got our own rooms and it was weird. There were some nights one of us would reluctantly go to others room and just sleep on the floor to be in the same room.

My bed had the orange sheets on it. I flop down on my bed when I hear Travis's voice.

"Well, you look exhausted," he says through the Iris message.

"Good to see you too," I say with a smile.

"So how did it go with Roman's and your brother?" He asks.

"My brother went well but the Roman's did not. Leo fired a ballista on them. I think involuntary but we still really haven't figured that out. On the bright side we got the other two demigods to make eight," I say.

"Congratulations, I guess," Travis says, "are you ok?"

"Yah I guess. It's just I don't really know. There was this harpie and she had some prophecy. Um nico is missing and it just a lot. We pretty much attacked an entire Roman army so I might just be tired," I say.

"I guess you've had a long day then?" He says.

"You have no idea. I just want to be back at camp with you," I say.

"I want you back here too but this is more important. I got to go sweetheart but we'll talk later ok. Please don't shut yourself out from the rest of the group. I love you," Travis says.

"Bye, I love you," I say.

The message stops and his face fades.

"I know you miss him, but he's right this is more important," I hear Percy say from my doorway.

"Shut up Percy," I growl.

"Hey, it's ok, just calm down. I wasn't trying- I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that. He misses you it's obvious. Come on talk to me. What's up?" Asks Percy.

I hate that I just can't be mad at him. He sits on my bed next to me.

"I had to leave again, and I don't know for how long. You go on all your quests with Annie but I have to keep leaving him. I feel so bad because he's always there for me but I'm never there for him," I say as tears form.

"Yah, I guess that'd be hard, but look at it like this. When he doesn't go in the quests with you your not putting him in danger. I always have to worry about Annabeth getting hurt," Percy says.

"But he has to worry about me. If something happens he's not here to save me," I say.

"I'm here. I promise I won't let anything happen to you. You'll get back to Travis alive. One way or another," he says.

I hug him and when we release Percy keeps his arm around me.

"I missed you," I say.

"I know," he says giving me a small kiss on the top of my head.