Fighting Without The Help Of A God

Things went wrong immediately. The giants vanished and reappear halfway across the room in different spots. I rush to Nico who was weaponless and being surrounded by a pack of leopards.

I pull out Tidal Wave. I slash at the first leopard. I cut it in the side as it lets out a roar. One pounces at me. I slice it across the face. It retreats back. Nico let's out a groan behind me. I stab the first one in the chest. The other comes pouncing at me. I hit in the side as in falls to the ground.

More leopards surround us but I kneel to Nico first. He looks at me.

"I missed you," I say.

He opens his mouth but nothing comes out.

"Don't talk. Save the energy. I got this," I say getting up and turning back to the pack of animals. I was seriously outnumbered here. I turn and see Piper a few feet away. She pointed her cornucopia at the leopards before firing a turkey over their heads. They run off after it.

Piper comes next to me holding out her cornucopia ready for the next set of attacks. While she's watching I bend down to look at Nico. He was still pale and he was to skinny. His breaths were slow and lethargic. I push some hair out of his face, checking him to make sure he wasn't bleeding or hurt in any way. He seemed fine for being in a jar for that long. He rests back on the floor.

I see Jason fighting Otis and Percy fighting a hydra that Ephialtes had released on him. Piper and I fight off creatures for a while.

"Duck and cover!" I hear Percy yell.

I didn't know why we needed to but without thinking I grab Piper and fall on the ground as the sound of gun shots flew around the room.

The shots hit some of the sand bags over us. They come raining down on us as Piper and I try to get Nico out of the way. One of the bags hits pipers shoulder as she fall to the ground.

Jason tries to run to her forgetting about Otis. Jason makes a gust of wind that sends a spear flying out of Otis's hand and into the side Ephialtes. He runs to pipers side. I pull Nico out of the way and under the cover of one of the chairs.

Across the room the pile of rumble with Otis under it shifted. His leotard was in taters.

"Percy! The controls!" I yell at my brother.

Percy unfroze. He uncapped the sword and lunged for the switch board. He slashed his blade across the top taking out the controls.

"No!" Ephialtes wailed, "You've ruined the spectacle!" 

I see Ephialtes swing his spear at my brother. Before I could warn him it hit my brother in the chest and he fell to his knees.

I run to his side but Otis comes after me. Over by the dais, Jason was holding Piper and Nico was barely conscious.

The giants were healing by the minute but we were not.

"Tired? As I said, you cannot kill us. So I guess we're at an impasse. Oh, wait... no we're not! Because we can kill you!" Ephialtes yells.

The giabts point their weapons at me and Percy ready to kill us.

"We won't give up! We'll cut you up like Zeus did to Kronos!" I yell.

"That's right! I don't care if we have a god on our side or not," Percy says.

"What a shame," a new voice says.

Leaning casually on a pine cone topped staff was a man in a purple camp shirt. He raised his broad brim hat, and purple fire flicked in his eyes.

"I'd hate to think I made this special trip for nothing."