Exploding plumbing

Piper tells us about her dream. She dreamt about a temple full of all the giants we'd fought so far plus some. A king giant named porphyrion. A giant named Mimas waiting for us in Sparta. We now know that they have taken Delphi.

When she finished her story for Percy and I, the toilets exploded. I'm pretty sure it was Percy.

"No way you two are going dune there alone!" Says Percy.

I place my hand on his arm. This was extremely hard for him.

Leo runs in with a wrench, "Man! Did you have to destroy my plumbing?"

Percy ignores him. Water runs down the gangway. The hull rumbles and more pipes burst and the rinks overflow. I know he didn't mean to cause so much damage. I never do.

"We'll be all right," says Annabeth, "Piper foresaw the two of us going down there. So that's what's going to happen."

Percy glares at Piper like it all her fault. I grip his arm a little trying to get him to lighten up a little, "And this Mimas dude? I'm guessing he's a giant?"

"Probably," says Piper, "Porphyrion called him our brother."

"And a bronze statue surrounded by fire?" Asks Percy, "And those other things you mentioned. Mackies?"

"Makhai," Piper corrects, "I think that means battle in Greek but I don't know how that applies exactly."

"That's my point," Percy exclaims. "We don't know what down there. I'm going with you."

"No." Annabeth says. I move over to let her try and calm him down, "If the giants want our blood, the last thing we need is a boy and a girl going. Remember?" She asks. Percy's face softens for a moment but then goes back to stone cold.

"I'll get Jason!" Percy says, "and the two of us-"

"Seaweed brain, are you implying that two boys could go this better than two girls?" Asks Annabeth.

Percy's face contorts like he's trying how to say yes without offending her, "no... I mean... no. But-"

Annabeth kisses him, "I'll be back before you know it seaweed brain."

He didn't look happy as the two of them leave the ship.

"That was brutal to watch," I say.

He looked ready to break down.

"Hey, calm down. We can't afford anymore plumbing issues," I say rubbing my hand on his back.

"I understand how you feel. With your whole earthquake thing," he says.

"Yah, it no fun," I say, "she'll be ok. I know it hard to let go. But she'll be back and when she come back it'll be a happy joyful moment. You need to calm down."

A tear falls down his face, "I think it's worse knowing what she'll have to go through down there."

"Yah," I sigh.

I watch nervously as Percy paces around the deck waiting for the girls to come back. Only when Annabeth comes back unscathed does he smile again. And he worries about my worrying.