The Earth Mother

I standing in front of the fountain in my cabin swirling the water around. I hear my cabin door shut. I turn quickly and see Travis.

"Dude, what are you doing? It's past curfew?" I ask.

"You kept saying you were getting lonely so here I am," he says.

"What about you cabin. Your head counselor?" I ask.

"Co-head counselor. I left Conner in charge. He'll be fine," Travis says with a devious smile.

"Fine, I mean I'm not complaining," I say.

He sits down on my bed next to me.

"I might have to go in another quest," I say in a huff.

I decided to rip this band-aid off now.

"Why?" He asks.

"That prophecy of the eight. Percy is wherever Jason came from. I'm wrapped up in another great prophecy," I say feeling defeated.

"Hey it's ok. I'll still be here," he says.

"That's the point! You have to keep waiting for me to finish a quest or a fight. You have you keep waiting," I say.

"Your worth waiting for," he says giving me a kiss.

"But you shouldn't have to wait. I should be here with you," I say.

"I don't mind waiting since what I'm waiting for is the most amazing girl I've ever met," Travis says.

I blush and snuggle myself up against his side.

"I'm so sorry," I mumble.

"I promise it's ok. I love you so much. You're definitely worth the wait. At some point we'll grow up and won't have to do anymore quests. No one can make us wait," Travis says.

I lay my head on his shoulder and feel my eyes shut. I fall into another dream.

I wake up in a empty field. A face begins to appear from the earth. It looked like it was made of dirt.

"The gods took your brother. Don't let them fool you into helping them again. Join me. You can stay with your boyfriend. Help me rise. I wouldn't be greedy like the gods have shown they are," the face says.

"Who- who are you?" I ask.

"Not important. Help me daughter of Poseidon," she says.

I feel like the best thing to say here is no. She won't even tell me who she is.

"No, or at least not until you tell me who you are," I say.

"I am the earth mother. Help me. I can spare Travis and whoever you want," she says.

"No. I'd rather go on a quest," I say.

"Travis, won't wait forever. I know he says he will but he won't. Join me," she demands.

"No!" I yell.

I feel someone shake me and I wake up. I she Travis holding my arms. I through my arms around his neck.

"Woah, ok, hey it's ok," he says stroking my hair, "what happened?"

"I- I had a dream. I met- well she called herself the earth mother and we just talked," I say leaving out the part about Travis.

"About?" He asks.

"I- um I don't remember really," I say, "a little about Percy."

He looks at me like he doesn't really believe me.

"Ok? Are you good? Ready to go back to sleep?" He asks.

I nod my head. I lay back next to him, nuzzling my head into his side. My eyes shut again and the rest of my dreams were pretty normal, for once.