Please No More Labyrinth

When we three of them get back from talking to the twins we immediately leaves for the ruins if Epidarus.

I was standing on the quarterdeck with Percy and Annabeth.

"Looks like more rubble," Percy observes looking at the ruins.

Percy and my face was still slightly green from the poison, but we hadn't been throwing up quite so often anymore.

"There," Annabeth points to a disk shaped structure about fifty yards off.

"Exactly." Says Leo, "The architecture knows her stuff."

The rest of the crew gathers around us.

"What are we looking at?" Asks Frank.

"Ah, señor Zhang," says Leo, "You know how your always telling me, 'Leo your the only true demigod genius'?"

"I'm pretty sure I never said that."

"Well, it turns out there are other true geniuses. Because one of them must have made that work of art down there," says Leo.

"It's a stone circle," says Frank, "like the base of a temple."

I shake my head, "No, it's more than that. Look at the ridges and grooves carved around the rim."

"Like the teeth of a gear," says Jason.

"And those concentric rings," hazel points out, "The pattern reminds me of Pasiphaës pendant: the symbol of the labyrinth."

If this was labyrinth related I might through my self off this ship.

"Huh," Leo says, "Well, I hadn't thought of that. But think mechanical. Frank, Hazel.... Where did we see concentric circles like that before?"

"The laboratory under Rome," says Frank grimly, "The Archimedes lock on the door."

Percy snorts, "Your telling me that's a massive stone lock? It's like fifty feet in diameter."

Annabeth gives us a small history lesson about Asclepius.

"So if that big round thing is the lock, how do we get the key?" I ask.

"Way ahead of you," says Leo. He turns to Jason and Piper , "You guys remember the giant Archimedes grabber arm I told you I was building."

"I thought you were kidding," says Jason.

"I never joke about giant claw arms," says Leo. He runs his hand in anticipation,"It's time to go fishing for prizes."