Staying

I wake up in the infirmary with an Apollo kid next to me as well as Travis.

"Travis, are you ok?" I ask.

"No, wrong question are you ok," he says.

"I- I think so. Still a little light headed," I say.

I look down at my torso where the bandage was wrapped.

"I swear your brother was here but they need to go do the fleece thing," says Travis.

"And you didn't want to go?" I ask him.

"I wanted someone to be here if you woke up and look, you did," he says.

"Well thanks," I say.

We sit in silence for a minute.

"I'm going to stay over the summer," I mumble.

"You are?!" He says.

"Yah, but I haven't told Percy or my mom yet," I say.

"I'm the first you told?" He asks.

"I guess," I say with a shrug.

I hear the door open and see my brother, Annabeth, and Grover standing in the doorway. Next to them is a girl I don't recognize. She has choppy black hair and stern gaze.

My brother walks up to me and just hugs me.

"Can we try not to end every year with one of us in the infirmary?" He asks.

"No promises," I say.

I look back to the girl with black hair.

"Phoebe, this is Thalia," he says.

"Like the tree girl?" I ask.

"Call me that again. I dare you," she says.

"Right sorry. Percy can I talk to you?" I ask looking at Travis.

"Sure," he says gesturing for the rest of the people to leave the room.

"I'm going to try and stay at camp year around," I say.

"What about mom?" He asks.

"I can still visit. And I know that question was what about me and I can visit you too," I say.

"Are you sure. What about school?" He asks.

"What about school. They still teach you basic fundamentals. Percy I'm absolutely sure I want to stay here year around. And honestly I think you should go home. Not because I don't want you here because I think we should have some independence from each other," I say.

He nods but looks a little confused.

"I still need to tell mom," I say, "it's going to be harder then telling you."

"She'll understand. But you have to promise to come see me sometimes during the school year," he says.

"I promise," I say giving him a hug.

End of Book Two!!!!