Saving The Children Of The Underworld

Frank comes back sometime later holding a python. I have no idea where I came from but...

"You found one!" Trip exclaims.

I take look at frank. Something was different. He walks next to me and looks at Hazel.

"Are you taller and.... Buffer?" I ask inspecting him.

He looked confused and maybe a little scared. How had he gotten that snake?

"I'm not sure. My dad.... You know what never mind," he says, "the snake is a gift from mats," he says to trip.

As if in cue the snake slithered over to the chariot and wrapped itself on the right wheel.

"You see," he says, "now heal my friends."

Trip tapped his chin, "I don't like your tone, demigod. Perhaps I'll turn you into-"

Frank was fast. He lunged at trip and slammed him into the wall hold him there by the gods throat. I gasped and back away. I'd never seen this side of Frank. It wasn't bad.

"Think about your next words carefully," Franks say calmly but with a deadly sound in his voice.

"You know.... I think I'll heal your friends," Trip says.

"Swear it on the river styx," Frank growls.

The gods swear it on the river styx. Frank lets him go. The god walks away to a garden. Frank moves back next to me.

"That was..." he trails off confused.

"The word you're looking for is awesome. I didn't think you could get that mean," I say.

He smiles. He leans down next to Hazel grabbing her hand. Trip begins to cure her using some hunk ball he had made for herbs.

Instantly she shutters and sits up. Her eyes fly open and the greenish tint in her face disappears.

"What-?" She asks.

Frank jumps onto her in a hug, "it's fine. Everything is fine!"

"But..." Hazel says, "what happened to you?"

"I um... got taller?" Frank says, "Maybe I could fix it?"

"No, no. I like it!" Hazel says.

"You do?" Frank says.

"I mean you were handsome before but... you look older and taller and so distinguished!"

"Yes obviously some blessing from Mars. Congratulations blah blah blah. Are we done here?" Says trip.

"No. Nico still needs to be deplanted," I say.

The farm god rolled his eyes. He points at the corner plant and Nico spears in an explosion of corn silk.

Nico looks around confused, "I had the weirdest dream about popcorn and... Frank are you taller?"

"Everything's fine," Frank says, "Trip was about to tell us how to survive the house of hades. Right?"

"Fine," Trip says.

He tells us about a chalice we must drink when we get there. The poison will connect you to the world of the dead. The he tells us the secret to surviving is barley.

"In the front room you can take some of my special barley. It will absorb the poison, so it will affect you but not kill you," Trip says.

"That's it?" I ask, "Hecate sent us all the way here to get barley?"

We walk out while trip was messing with his new chariot.

"That was very strange," Hazel says. She puts her hand on Franks shoulder, "Are you two ok? You bartered fir our lives. What did he make you do?"

"Ask Frank. He made me stay and wait for Frank to fix his chariot," I say.

They all look at Frank. He gets a little nervous.

"Those cue monsters... that poisoned you.... I had to destroy them,"Frank says.

"That was brave,"Nico says, "there must have been six or seven left?"

"No," Frank says, "I destroyed all of them."

Frank looked around ready for one of us to not believe him. But I think we all did.

"Well," Nico says breaking the tension, "does anyone know what barley looks like?"