Hera

"Didn't we fall into the labyrinth last time, Annabeth? Why is there a ramp now?" Asks my brother.

"Just be quiet and keep moving," says Annabeth.

I didn't want to be trapped down here with my brother after breaking the news about Travis but I wanted to be here to help Annabeth.

"I'm just saying this is different," says my brother as Annabeth turns on a later.

"I was afraid of something like this. The labyrinth is a patchwork. It's been extending and adding sections ever since Daedalus built it. It's the only work of architecture that grows itself," says Annabeth.

"Can we go home?" Asks Grover.

He's such a baby. We've faced worse than a dark tunnel.

"No we're going deeper," says Annabeth.

We wander through the tunnels listening to grover complaining about being underground. Satyrs don't really like the underground. We wander for about an hour.

"There's an opening up ahead," says Annabeth.

"Perfectly safe I'm sure," I say.

We walk in and are instantly bombarded by a bright white light.

"Whoa," says my brother.

"Who...?" Says Annabeth at the woman standing in the center.

"I am Hera. Queen of the Heavens. You must be hungry. sit with me and talk," says Hera.

We all rush to the table of food.

"Queen Hera. I can't believe it. What are you doing in the labyrinth?" Asks Annabeth eagerly.

"I came to see you naturally. Grover dear, use your napkin don't eat it," Hera says looking at grover.

"Yes Ma'am," says Grover.

"Why are you helping us? I didn't think you liked heroes. You tried to kill Hercules like, lots of times," says Annabeth.

"Water under the bridge my dear. Besides, he was one of my husbands children by anothe woman. My patients wore thin. I'm used to perseverance. You have to rise above the squabbling and chaos and keep believing," hats says. She keeps talking but I stop listening.

"Where do we go? That's my wish. I want a way to navigate the labyrinth," says Annabeth to Hera.

"So be it. You wish for something, however, that you have already been given. The means are within your grasp. Percy knows the answer," says Hera.

"... I do?" Asks Percy.

"That's not fair! You're not telling us what it is," says Annabeth.

"Getting something and having the wits to use it... those are two different things. I'm sure your mother Athena would agree. Now I must go. One last thing, Annabeth. Soon, you will have to make a choice. One bad choice can ruin your life. It can kill you and all your friends," Hera says, "choose wisely."

Hera poofs away with her table of food going with her.

"What sort of help was that? Have a sandwich! Make a wish! Oops I can't help you! Whatever," says Annabeth.

"Which way?" I ask.

"Left. Something is coming from the right. I smell it," says Grover.

"Big. In a hurry," says Tyson.

"Left it is. Come on," says Percy.

We run through the left tunnel swiftly.

"I think it's gaining on us!" Yells Grover.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I don't know!" Grover says.

We keep running until I hear a thud. My brother had hit a set of metal bars.

"Ow. Who puts metal bars in the middle of the hallways?" Asks Percy.

"I... I... know this place. It's not far from where I live in San Francisco. We took a field trip here. This is Alcatraz," Annabeth says.

"Alcatraz? How'd we get all the way across the continent?" I ask.

"I keep telling you, the labyrinth is huge. And it doesn't obey and rules," Annabeth says.

"Yeah? Well, we're stuck. The tunnel that was here is gone," says Grover feeling the wall.

"And we aren't alone," says Annabeth.

Ok I just want to say I think Hera is a good person. This piece of info has spoiler even all the way to Trials of Apollo. Hera tries to help, her husband keeps dating other woman while she stays loyal, and (spoiler alert) she cries over Jason's death when Zeus doesn't. Zeus is just like I'll make more but Jason was Hera's closes thing she'll have to children. I want to make a fanfic about being Hera's child. Basically she got tired of Zeus's cheating so she went off and had one child. They get to camp half blood and blah blah blah. Anyhow thx for reading. ✨🗡🌊💖🔱