The Awful Dream

I get in bed and curl up. The bunk above me was empty. It was weird. Even if we had spent all day apart we always were able to see each other again here. Every night, like clock work.

I think about what I told him the day Chrysaor attacked. I had told him: "I'll always be by your side. Understand me. We could be millions of miles apart but I'll still be there." And I planed to stick by that. And I know he's here for me too, just from afar.

My eyelids shut slowly as I drift to sleep. Which in this case wasn't good.

I see my brother and Annabeth lying on the ground next to a river. They were both wet and they looked tired. I wanted to scream. I wanted to run and help them but I couldn't.

Their eyes were both closed and neither of them were moving.

"The fight is pointless. They will die down here and your mission will never succeed. You light as well due now. Give yourselves up," I hear a voice says.

I knew that voice though. It was Gaea. She says they will die. That means they aren't dead yet. 

"No, they'll make! I know they will!" I yell.

I see Percy's body twitch a little. He looked pretty bad. His hair was messy and fell on his forehead and his orange shirt was ripped to shreds. Most worrisome of all was that he was shivering and his lips were blue.

Annabeth didn't look much better. He hair was wild and her eyes had dark circles around them. Her shirt was a little ripped and she had scars on her face.

"They will die in a matter of hours, young one. Give up your fight. It's hopeless," Gaea says.

I feel something shake me and I wake up to hazel standing over me.

"Are you ok. You were thrashing a lot," she asks.

"I'm um..." I trail off.

I didn't want to talk about the dream yet. The more I thought about it the more holes the situation seemed to get. I pushed it to the back of my mind.

"Yah I'm good. Just dreams," I say.

"Ok.... We'll get dressed and come to the mess hall. Nico had some new information," she says.