Beggining The Battle

We enter the lobby of the Empire State Building. I stand right next to Percy who was now invincible from bathing in the river Styx. He did tell me where his "Achilles heal" was. He picked in the small of his back. I did yell at him for going to the river styx but he's safe which is what matters.

"We need to get to the six hundredth floor," says Percy.

"There is no six hundredth floor," the man says not looking up from his book.

"My mom says it's rude to not look at people when their talking to you," Percy says.

The man looks up horrified.

"Forty demigods attract an awful lot of monsters. Do you really want us hanging around your lobby?" I ask.

"Ha- have it your way kid. Elevator on the right," he says.

"Thanks I know the way," says Percy leading us to the elevators.

We get to Olympus and Percy sends everyone away besides me and Annabeth away.

"The throne room. I've never seen it... empty. The gods are all really away fighting Typhon," I say.

"Perfect time for Kronos to attack the city. It's undefeated," Percy says.

A giant red flames burst up. A pasty stands in the flames looking at us.

Hello again, Percy Jackson," says The lady

"Lady Hestia," Percy says getting on his knees.

"I see you went through with your plan to bear the curse of Achilles," she says.

"Percy? What's she talking about?" Asks Annabeth.

"You must be careful. You gained much on your journey. But you are still blind to the most important truth. Perhaps a glimpse into the lady is in order," Hestia says.

My brother collapses on the ground.

"Percy," I say kneeling turn next to him.

A moment later Percy's eyes shoot open.

"Percy? What's wrong?" Annabeth asks.

"Did you see that? How long was I out?" Percy asks us.

"You weren't out at all. You looked at Hestia for like one second and then you collapsed," says Annabeth

"Um, Lady Hestia, we've come on urgent business. We need to see-" my brother is cut off.

"We know what you need," says Hermes.

"Lord Hermes, Kronos is going to attack New York," I say.

"You must suspect that. Asks Zeus to send some of the gods back to defend the city," Annabeth says.

"Annabeth Chase. Athena knew you would come here. She, too, thinks the battle against Typhon is a ruse to draw us away from Olympus. You and your mother seem to forget that Typhon nearly destroyed us ages ago. He is our greates enemy. We need the power of all the gods need all our power to defeat him. The demigods must defend Manhattan alone," says Hermes.

"Percy, Athena told me to convey a message to you. Remember the rivers," says Hermes, "Phoebe, keep Travis and Conner safe for me. Don't let them change sides. Tell them I really do love them.  I must return now. I have a war to fight."

"Lord Hermes. I wanted to say I'm sorry. About Luke," Annabeth says.

"Better that we leave that subject alone. You should have saved him when you had the chance. You are the only one who could," Hermes says sternly.

With that Hermes runs away. We all sit down on the ledge of the steps.

"I'm going to go check on the rest of the demigods," I say getting up.

I get out there and go to the telescopes down to the mortal world. Everyone was lying on the ground asleep.

"The world in endless sleep," I mumble.

I run into building to Percy and Annabeth.

"Guys! You guys need to see this," I say.

They get up and they rush to the telescopes.

"Is everybody dead?" Asks Selena.

"Not dead. Morpheus. He told grover he was saving his energy for the main event. He's put the entire island of Manhattan to sleep, just like the prophecy said," says Percy.

"Over here!" Says Annabeth.

We move the binoculars towards the sea. Luke's ship was rolling in full of monsters.

"The invasion has started," says Percy.

I look around and see more monsters coming in from other directions.

"More monsters are marching through the tunnels!" I say.

"Which tunnels?" Percy asks.

"All of them," I say.

"Each cabin take a tunnel. Phoebe, stay with Annabeth. It doesn't matter how many monsters come at you. You are the greatest heroes of the millennium. Fight bravely, and we will win. For Olympus!" Yells Percy.

Percy gets to the edge of Olympus.

"Girls, meet me back in Manhattan battery park," Percy says.

"What are you going to do?" Annabeth asks.

Percy looks back at us before jumping off the edge of Olympus. Annabeth and I take the elevator back down to the lobby.

"I'll call some Pegasi," I say.

I give a whistle and Blackjack and Moonbeam come flying in. Annabeth gets on blackjack.

"Blackjack, let her ride it's for Percy," I tell him.

"Can I have donuts?" Asks Blackjack.

"Later, let's go," I say.

Annabeth and I fly over some of the bridges. We see the Apollo cabin fighting the Minotaur.

"Go get Percy, I'll help here," I say to Annabeth.

She nods her head and flys off. I jump off Moonbeam and pull out Tidal Wave.

"Hey cow! How bout round two!" I tell.

He turns at me and charges. I duck away from him and cut his arm. The Minotaur pulls out his axe a swings it at me.

"Hey! Beef boy!" I hear Percy yell, "didn't we kill you once already. I suggest you don't touch my sister."

Percy jumps off Blackjack and cuts his axe in half. I charge at him and cuts him in the side. Percy jumps up and cuts at him in the face. The Minotaur turns around and charges at Percy. I pick up the sharp end of the axe Percy cut in half and stabs the Minotaur in the gut. The bull staggers before falling off the bridge.

Percy and I look off the edge of the bridge where he fell.

"Percy behind you!" Yells Annabeth as she jumps in front of the arrow.

The arrow was headed for Percy's back right where he's not invisible. It hits Annabeth in the arm. She falls on the ground.

"She wounded. Her blood is tainted with poison. She needs medicine," says Michael.

Percy keeps holding Annabeth when I hear someone walk up to us.

"Bravely fought, Percy Jackson. But it's time to surrender," says Kronos.

"We've got a lot of wounded. Against just the monsters maybe but with Kronos leading them? No way," says Michael.

Percy raises his hand and water from the river shoots up breaking the bridge.

"You've stopped nothing, Jackson. Merely delayed the inevitable. Until this evening," says Luke.

His army turns away. My brother looks worried at Annabeth.

"Medics!" Percy yells.