The Lotus Casino

We cut the burger three ways because grover doesn't eat meat.

"The fry's are yours buddy," says Percy.

We quickly scarf down the food. Our waitress come back.

"You big spenders ready for your check?" She asks.

Before we can respond someone pipes in.

"Set ''em up again doll. My treat," says the man.

The ladies face drops a little.

"R-right away sir," she stutters.

He sits down at our booth and begins to eye mr and my brother.

"So your the twins, huh? I heard waterboy busted Clarisse's spear," says the man.

"So what? You come here to something of yours busted," says my brother.

Why did my brother get so hostile.

"Perc?" I say.

"Be careful. His aura provokes aggression in anyone near him," says grover.

"It's cool. I don't sweat a little 'tude, long as everybody knows who's the boss. You do know who I am punks," he says looking from me to my brother.

"You're Clarisse's dad, my condolences," I say.

"Who'd you mate with to have her? A crocodile?" My brother says.

Ares let's out a chuckle.

"Real chip off the old coral aren't you two. Me and your old man go way back, you know. That's why I'm here. Heard you were in town and I knew you'd need an assist," ares says.

"We're doing fine on our own," insists Annabeth.

"They must have brought you along for your look princess, cuz' you sure missed out on you mama brains," he says.

I see Annabeth's face shift to pure anger at that.

"I don't think I've ever heard such a wrong sentence," I say calmly.

He looks at me interested.

"Interesting, it's quite hard to keep your calm around me. Consider me impressed," says Ares.

I always knew I was the more level headed twin but apparently I'm just really level headed.

"You ain't the first to go hunting for Zeus's toy. When it first hit snatched, he sent his best to track it Dian. Apollo, Artemis, and me, of course. If I couldn't sniff out a weapon that powerful..." he says.

He gets up from our booth and I scan him up and down.

"An army marches on its stomach, so chow down kiddos, I'll be waiting outside," he says.

The waitress brings out plates of piping food. We quickly dig in. We finish and get up and leave.

"Reveille troopers. Times a-wasting' and there's a long road ahead. Here's some cash and supplies. As for a ride west you'll have to settle for a stowaway service," he says pointing to a semi-truck, "better duck inside before the driver finishes lunch."

"Why all the help?" I ask.

"Like I said, me and your old man go way back. I'm the one who told him about stealing hades bolt. Framing someone to start a war, oldest trip in the book. In a way you have me to thank for your little quest," says Ares.

"Great thank you," I say.

"Which reminds me: what a soldier needs more than anything is to complete his mission is motivation. So when you think about quitting remember this," he says looking at me specifically, "your mom ain't dead. She being held hostage."

I nod my head and feel myself desperately trying to think of a good way to get her back.

We walk up to the truck and pull the doors. It locked, that idiot told us to get into a locked truck. I hear a click. I pull the door and it opens.

"Um deus ex machina anyone," says grover. (That means something seeming impossible is abruptly solved in an impossible way.)

We get in and ride for a while until the man opens a door.

"Hey!" He yells.

We jump past him and begin to run.

"This doesn't look like Los Angeles," I say.

"We need a place to regroup! Quick over there!" Annabeth yells pointing to a casino.

We enter the hotel and instantly are flooded with the smell of flowers. The hotel was huge and polished. A man approaches up.

"Ah, welcome to the lotus resort and casino.we're so glad you've booked your stay with us," he says.

"What? I think you've made a mistake ," say Annabeth.

"Indeed we have, your room isn't quite ready. Please accept these lotus cards, on the house. You can redeem them anywhere in the building. As good as cash," the man says.

"But-" Annabeth starts.

"You remember the travel agent telling us about the lotus cards don't you? We can use them to buy food or clothes," my brothers says.

For once he had a smart plan.

"You'll find us even the room is ready?" Asks Percy.

"It is my top priority," says the man.

"I don't know about this" says Annabeth.

"It'll be fine," says Percy.

"Fine," she mumbles.

We go through the night playing on the slide, eating pizza, buying some new clothes, having spa time, and then we find the arcade. I stop at one game.

"Stable builder," I mumble.

I use my card and begin to play. I really love horse. I get to building my giant barn full of stables and pastures . I name all the horse after Greek things I remember from Mr. Brunners lectures.

"Phoebe we have to go," I hear my brother say.

"Why?" I ask.

"Something's wrong just trust me," my brother says.

"But-" I start.

"Phoebe!" He demands.

"I- um fine," I say forcing myself away from the game.

My brother goes to Annabeth first. He tries to reason with her like he did me but she more stubborn. He grabs her and drags her off.

"What would Athena do?" My brother asks her.

She gulps a little then agrees to leave.

"Where grover?" I ask.

We find him at a game called polluter shooter. At that point my brother and I grabs him by the arms and drag him away.

We get to the lobby and the butler man stops us.

"Leaving do soon?" He asks

We keep walking.

"How about we upgrade your room to an executive suit," he says.

We get to the door.

"On the house!" He says panicked.

"Free upgrade!" Grover demands.

"No!" I yell shoving him through the doors.

We get outside it the sun was all the way up.

"I thought it was nighttime. How long were we in there?" I ask.

"Three days, my brother says.

"That means we only have one day until the summer solstice," says Annabeth.

We quickly hail a cab.

"How fast can you get us to L.A.?" I ask.