Exhausted

The night shift comes out looking groggy still. Sleep has been difficult to achieve, especially without demigod dreams. I trudge down to my room. I look at the set of bunk beds. This whole trip seemed so awfully impossible.

I hadn't talked to Travis in a while so before I even attempted to fall asleep I decided to talk to him.

The Iris messages flickers and then connects. Travis looks up at me. I must have looked worse then I thought.

"Well, you look tired," he says.

I rub my face, "yah, not a lot of sleep with missing two people for shifts now. Plus we need bigger groups for shift because we keep getting attacked by mountain trolls and tons of other monsters."

"Sounds rough," he says.

"Supportive," I say.

"Sorry, I just don't know how to respond to that. How have you been. You know with the whole...."

He didn't need to finish that sentence.

"Good I guess. It stressful, since everyone wants me to take up the roll of Annabeth's smartness and Percy fighting and just make it workness," I say, "as well as like a leader. I'm suppose to make plans and have answers. As much as I didn't want to be in the shadow, this is a lot."

"But your not still crying in your bedroom every night, right?" He asks.

"No. Percy wouldn't want me to dwell on it. He made the decision on his own. He let go," I say.

"Good attitude," he says.

I see Conner walk behind him. He stop and looks at me.

"Hi Phoebe. Long time no see," Conner says with a smile.

"Good to see you too," I say waving back.

"How's it going, with your big quest," he says making jazz hands.

"I guess good. We found a short cut to get to Epirus. We have to find some dwarfs. Um... three mountain troll attacks so far. Leo's getting pretty tired have to fix the whole the make. Um hazel met Hecate," I say.

"Wow," Conner says.

"How's camp. Any sign of the Romans?" I ask.

"No, but Chiron is having us constantly ready. Armor is always around. Same with weapons. We don't have as many games. Really only capture the flag. It's lots of training. I've taught so many classes this week. I'm exhausted. Maybe not how your exhausted but still," Travis says.

"Speaking of exhausted," I say with a yawn, "I should hit the hay."

"Ok, I love you. Sleep well," Travis says.

"Ok, love you too. Bye Conner," I say waving.

"Bye," they say in unison as the message ends.