Freedom, Flying, and Pan

Some of Luke's monsters push us out of the cage and through the labyrinth. I guess they didn't notice Tidal wave missing from where ever they stored Nicos sword because I still have it in my pocket.

We're forced through the hallways of the labyrinth until we enter a room full of metals and construction equipment.

I see my brother standing with Annabeth and a red headed girl. Quintus was standing not to far away.

Nico struggles against Kelli who was holding him.

"A child of Hades and Poseidon. Kronos will have many uses for these two," Kelli says.

I struggle in Kelli's grasp. She grips me closer to her. The ghost of King Minos (ik I haven't mentioned him much but I guess I just assumed you remembered him from this book) speaks up for the first time.

"And I will rule over the afterlife, Daedalus. I look forward to seeing you there," says King Minos.

Minos says that at Quintus. I mean Quintus is Daedalus? Since when?!

"No!" Nico yells pushing his elbow into Kelli's face.

She releases her grip on us. Nico pulls his sword out of thin air and stabs it in the ground sending Minos falling into the crack that forms. Nico grabs my hand and we run over to my brother and his friends with the mobsters trailing after us.

"Slaughter them!" Yells Kelli.

I pull of Tidal Wave charging in at one of the monsters. I see Kelli charge at Percy and pushing him to the ground. I take Tidal Wave and stab her in the back of the head.

"That felt good," I say.

Percy lets out laugh. I offer him my hand to help him up.

"Wings!" Annabeth says pointing to the wings Daedalus used to fly out of the labyrinth.

We rush to the wings securing them onto our backs. I really don't want to fly. I don't like flying because you know Zeus would blast me out of the sky and I would die a painful falling death. I guess I'll take the risk because if I don't I'll die anyway.

"Daedalus come on! You can still help us beat Kronos!" Says Percy.

"I won't leave Mrs. O'Leary! She's been my only loyal companion for these many years!" Daedalus yells, "now go! Spread your wings and fly!"

We push off the windowsill and take to the sky. About ten feet away I hear a loud explosion coming from the workshop.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"Somewhere near Colorado Springs, I think. This are the Ricky mountains there," says the red head.

"I'm sorry, guys. I shouldn't have listened to Minos. He convinced me to help him against Daedalus. Said I could trade his soul to get my sister back. But it was all a lie," says Nico.

"You made him pay in the end," I say.

"You showed him who the real ghost king is," says Percy.

I kind of missed him and us finishing each other thoughts.

"So what now?" Asks the red head.

"Camp. We have to get back there and warn them threat like has Ariadne's string. It won't be long before the titan army invaded. If they haven't invaded already," says Annabeth, "Rachel, the fastest way back to camp is through the labyrinth. Can you find us another entrance."

Oh her name is Rachel. That red head Percy met at a dam and then again when he exploded the school this year.

"There," she points to a mine shaft.

We land on the ground and remove the wings.

"The shaft is lit up like a freeway," says Rachel, "that way."

"Hide the wings so no one finds them," says Percy.

"There's something on the ground. Is that..." Annabeth trails off.

"Grover's hat," says Percy.

We run into the mine shaft and find Tyson holding Grover up.

"Tyson! Where have you been?" Says my brother.

"We fought so many things. Large snakes. Large dogs. Men with swords. But when.. we got here," says Tyson, "grover got excited. He ran. He fell like this."

"T-the wild," says Grover.

"You're friends with a kids that only has one eye and another with horns?" Asks Rachel.

"Actually the cyclops is our brother," I say to her.

She looks at me really confused.

"It's a long story," says Percy.

My brother walks up to Grover.

"Grover? Are you alright?" Asks Percy.

"I feel it, Percy. Pan," says Grover, "we're close."

Grover springs up and runs in a different direction.

"Wait!" Yells Percy.

"Come on! We can't lose him!" I yell running after Grover.

"What about camp?" Annabeth yells at me while running after me.

Grover leads us to a luscious cave full of exotic and extinct creatures.

"Looks like camp will have to wait," says Percy looking around.

"Lord Pan," says Grover kneeling at him.

"Grover underwood. My dear, brave, satyr. I have waited a very long time for you. You are so young. I chose well," lord pan says.

"This is the most beautiful place I've even seen," says Annabeth.

Pan goes on to talk about himself fading and the death of the wild.

"As my final words I leave you with this: Percy Jackson I know you have doubts. But when the time comes, you will not be ruled by fear. Phone Jackson, I know you feel over shadowed but you are seen more than you can imagine," can everyone see how hidden I feel? "Annabeth chase you will play a great role, though it may not be the role you imagined. Tyson, do not despair. Your name shall live as a hero among the Cyclopes for generations. And miss Rachel Dare. I know you believe you cannot make amends. But you are just as important as your father."

We all look a little shooken by what he just told us.

"You are the strongest and bravest, grover. You have believed in me more than anyone ever has. That is why you must bring my message and release me," pan says.

"I don't want to," says Grover with a cry.

"It will be alright. The spirit of the wild must pass to all of you now. You must tell each one you meet: if you would find pan, take up pan's spirit. Remake the wild a little at the time, each your own  corner of the world. You cannot wait for anyone, even a gif, ti do that for you," says Pan.

"I've spent my whole life looking for you and now I release you," says Grover with a tear.

Pans pan flute falls on the ground. Grover kneels to the ground and picks it up

"Come on Grover," Percy says.