Meeting the director.

Grover leads us onto a porch of an old farmhouse. Two men were sitting there.

" this is Mr. D our camp Director," says grover.

"Welcome to camp half-blood, blah blah blah. Now don't expect me to be glad to see you," says day Mr.D.

"And you um already know our activity director," say grover.

"Mr. Brunner?!" I ask.

" Mr. Brunner was a pseudonym. You may call me Chiron now. And I must say I'm pleased to see you two alive. I don't often visit a potential camper at a school for mortals. I'd hate to think I wasted my time," say Chiron.

"Yes your precious time. At least your here on your own free will," says Mr. D.

" excuse Mr. D for being gruff. He's been grounded since he took a fancy too a wood nymph his father declared off-limits," says Chiron.

" how father loves to punish me. Sending me here to run a summer camp for brats like you," says Mr. D.

He kind of reminds me of Gabe and I don't like it.

" I tried to behave but she was very pretty, and you know how things progress when the wine is flowing..." say Mr. D.

Yep very like Gabe. He touches his glass and it begins to turn to wine.

" remember your instructions Mr. D," says Chiron.

" Old habits, and all of that. Apologies to my father," says Mr. D.

"Who is your father?" I ask.

"Di immortales, Chiron I thought you taught these kids the basics. My father is Zeus, of course," says Mr. D.

" Zeus's son ...Mr. D ... you're saying that you're Dionysus, the god of wine?" Asks Percy.

" The god of Coca Cola , it would seem. At least until dear old dad says otherwise," complains Mr. D.

" I don't understand. What is this place? Why would you go to Yancy just to teach us, chiron? What happened to my mom?" I ask.

" there's so much to explain perhaps a guided tour is in order," say chiron.

He begins to get out of his wheel chair. It reveals his lower half as a horse. What is it with this place and half human half animal bodies.

"Come along. It's time you were properly introduced to camp half-blood ," he says.