The Gods Choosen Beverage

I wake up again to a bang at my door. The door caved in revealing a dolphin warrior thing. I grab for Tidal Wave but it was too late. The dolphin dragged me out of my cabin.

I see other dolphins carrying the others. Jason was hopefully unconscious. Hopefully.... And Piper and Hazel were bound hand and foot. I was tied to the girl and they hauled us upstairs. Piper was gagged after she tried to use her charm speak.

I see Percy and Annabeth standing with an army around them. Leo was unconscious, again hopefully, and laying in a pile of ropes.

Their boss told them to dump Jason by the crossbows. He walks up to us examining us as if we're his. We all struggle a little but get no where. I look around realizing Frank isn't here.

"The boy is no use to me," the guy says, "But we have an understanding with Circe. We will buy the women either as slaves or trainees. She reluctant about this one though," he says pointing to me, "rocky history?" He asks already knowing the answer, "Yes, all of the girls except Annabeth."

I grit my teeth.

"Your not taking me anywhere," Annabeth barked.

I could feel Tidal Wave sag into my pant pocket again.

The man tutted, "oh sadly, Annabeth, you will not be staying with me. I would love that, but you and your friend Percy are spoken for. A certain goddess is paying high bounty for your capture- alive if possible, though she didn't say unharmed."

At that moment Piper let out a wail you could her through the gag and then faints hitting the guard closest to her. Hazel and I got the message. We both crumple in the floor scream and kicking having a fit.

Percy takes the distraction and pulls out Riptide. Him and the guy fight. Percy has improved in a lot of things but sword fighting wasn't one of them.

They fight for a moment before Percy looses focus. The man in the gorgon mask knocks his sword out of his hand and into the sea. The man points his sword at my twins sternum.

He laughed, "a good try, but now you'll be chained and transported to Gaea's minions. They are quite eager to spill your blood and wake the goddess."

I thrash a little but no longer as a distraction. I look at Percy. I knew the look he had. It was the idea face. You don't see it a lot and the idea aren't always good but right now any idea was a good one.

"Fine!" Percy shouts loudly, "take us away if our captain will let you."

Ok maybe he doesn't have a plan.

The man turned, "what captain? My men searched the ship. There is no one else."

Percy raised his hand dramatically, "the god appears only when he wishes. But he is our leader. He runs out camp for demigods. Doesn't he, Annabeth?"

Oh wait. Dolphins men. Dionysus. How did I not see it. He literally almost turned me and my brother into dolphins. Crap, did Percy think of something smart before I did. Thats new. 

"Yes," Annabeth nods, "Dionysus. Mr.D."

A ripple of uneasiness passes through the dolphin me. One even dropped his sword.

"Stand fast," the man says, "There's no god. They are trying to scare you!"

"You should be scared.  Dionysus will be severely cranky with you for delaying our voyage. He will punish all of us. Did you not see the girls fits of madness?"

We had stopped shaking to watch Percy. He glares at us. We get the message. We start shaking and flopping on the deck like fish. The dolphin men actually back away from us. I'm going to be honest. I enjoyed the screaming and flailing.

"Fakes," he roared, "Shut, Percy Jackson. Your camp director is not here. He was recalled to Olympus. This is common knowledge."

"So you admit he is our camp director?" Percy says.

"He was. Everybody knows that," the man says.

"You see? We are doomed. If you don't believe me, let's check the ice chest," Percy says.

I'm lost on his plan now. He digs through the cooler before pulling out the red and silver can of soda.

"Behold! The gods chosen beverage. Tremble before the horror of Diet Coke!" Percy yells.

The dolphin me begin to panic. They were on the edge of retreating. I could feel it.

"The god will take your ship. He will finish your transformation into dolphins. Or make you insane. Or make you insane dolphins. Your only hope now is to swim away quickly," Percy says.

The man yells at his crew about the ridiculousness of this.

"Save yourself! It's to late for us!" Percy gasps pointing off towards a ballista, "oh no! Frank is turning into a crazy dolphin!"

Nothing happened.

"I said: Frank is turning into a crazy dolphin!"

Frank stumbled out of nowhere making a big show. He grabbed at his throat, "oh no! I'm turning into a crazy dolphin!"

He begins to change, his nose elongating into a snout, his skin becomes sleek and grey. He falls to the deck as a dolphin thrashing around with Piper, Hazel, and I.

Within seconds the man was alone. Annabeth is quick to cut the ropes off of us. The stand up and surround him.

"This isn't over Jackson!" He yells, "I will have my revenge-"

His words were cut short. Frank had turned into a giant bear. He sideswiped the guy and took off the golden mask. The man screamed instantly covering his face as he jumped into the water.

After Percy checks on annabeth he comes over to me. I was expecting him to make sure I'm ok not a full blow bear hug.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He say really fast still hugging me.

"Hey, perc, it's ok. It wasn't your fault why are you-"

"Chrysaor says something about how his brother the Pegasus overshadowed him. How he got used to being forgotten. How nobody cared about him," Percy says in one long breath.

Oh...

"Hey, perc, look at me," I say. He doesn't look, "look at me," this time he looks up, "that never going to happen to me. To us. Yes I'm used to being overshadowed but I'd never do that. I'll always be by your side. Understand me. We could be millions of miles apart but I'll still be there. I don't resent you, and I defiantly don't envy you. I'm here for you ok?"

A small smile creeps onto his face, "ok. And people do care about you. I'll always be there for you to."

I hug him again. Piper lets out a small aaaww. I realize we just had a very private conversation in a very public place. I couldn't help but blush.

"Now," Percy says still standing next to me, "we need to get rid of this pirate trireme."

"Burn it?" Annabeth asks.

"No, I have a better idea," Percy says.